Anyone heard of these?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1393
I am shopping for some 6.5" components speakers to be powered by my Xtant 404m that I am soon to get. Anyway, I ran across these and they seemed to be a real good price for a company that I have always heard makes amazing components. Could they just be a lower quliaty line of Rainbows?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-RAINBOW-Dreamline-W165SL-6-5-2-Way-Component-Set_W0QQite mZ250036516407QQihZ015QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Item number 250036516407 if the link doesn't work.

How do you think they would compare to JL XR650-CSI?

Any other component sets you could recommend for me? I really don't want to spend much more than $150. Thanks!

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1398
bump

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1401
OMG this forum is so annoying sometimes, DIDN'T BUMP!!!! ARGG...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6693
Yes those are low end Rainbow's. Even being low end they are still very nice. The JL's sound great also. SQ is totally a prefference that only you can decide which you like better. Some are harsh and loud and some are soft and smooth it's all what you want.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1315
Anything that is LOUD but yet still smooth?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6697
yupbut again it's all prefference as to what is smooth and what is Harsh. Typically silk tweet's are softer and titanium are harsher.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1403
So James do you think that this is a good price for them?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1089
For a complete component set that is a good price.. Infinity perfect components normally run more than that.. iI'm not sure on ebay because I've never looked on there for those.. I'll soon be looking for two sets of components and a new amp to replace my old component sets and amp..

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6704
yes thats a good price for them. They are last years model. For that price you honestly can't go wrong.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1404
Ok cool, either that or I found some CDT ones for real cheap as well what do you think of these for the price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002%26item%3D120039711663%26&ss pagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002%26item%3D120039711142%26&ss pagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26

I thought they were real cheap. I thought I always remember people talking about the CDT Neo's were REALLY good. As you can tell I don't know a whole lot about components, it's all pretty new to me. So out of those three which woul dbe the best for the money? Thanks James!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6709
both of those item's have been removed from ebay. Those rainbow's are excellent for the price.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1405
LOL, I am such a tard I didn't even check to see if the links worked when I posted!

These are the item numbers:

Please let me know what you think, your opinion means a lot!

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1411
Pleeeeeeeeaaasssse James! lol :-)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3202
Isaac, don't buy off ebay, talk to 6spdcoupe on caraudio.com authorized dealer and can tell you anythng you would want to know about Rainbow Products.

i'd say the Dreamlines are below the XR's. you need to step up to the SLC's at least.

i have the Profi Vanadium 3 ways :-)

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/introduction.php?lan=2&pro=1

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1412
So you think I should get the XR's instead of the rainbows, Brandon? What about the other 2 CDT auctions I have listed? Thanks!

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1414
bump

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 245
I can do ARC ACS's for you, authorized. Which are rainbows. *shrugs*

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6736
either ones you go with for the price you are paying are going to sound good. How much are the JL's?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6737
either ones you go with for the price you are paying are going to sound good. How much are the JL's?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1415
^^^ James I am watching a auction right now that ends tomorrow. It is currently 76.00 with 20 dollar shipping. I think it will probably end in the 150s or so.

So you think that the CDT CL-62/61's would be good for 125 shipped? I might just wait out the XR auction and maybe I can snag them for a good price. If nto go after the CDTs.

Hey Renegade, how much are we talking for those Arc ACS-265s?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6738
I have never heard the Arc's but have heard nothing but good thing's about them. The CDT's are a good deal also. All of the speakers you are talking about are in the same class except for the xr's being a notch above the rest but not by much.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1416
Ok sweet James I will keep that in mind! Thanks for your help bro, it's very much appreciated! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us