SUB BRANDS

Username: Atxpimpin

ATX, Texas Uniteed states

Post Number: 3
What group of subs could be louder and sound better that 2 12" Visonik subs? I need to have a better system than my friend, please help me out dawg.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 75
lol, almost any subs you can choose, how bout some adire shivas or tempest? or X X X or elemental or kicker or JL or infinity... the possibilities are endless

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2830
two adire shiva 12" ($125 each) with a JBL bp1200.1 ($280) or two kicker compVR 12" ($99 each) wich a kicker kx600.1 ($300)

either setup in a ported box, with about 2cu ft per 12" sub, with slot vent, or 4" ports tuned to 35Hz.
the box is about $40 on eBay. carpeted, gold terminals, 3/4" MDF, etc..

sure_13
Unregistered guest
glasswolf, I've heard u say that JL's aren't bad at all, but why do u never recommend them? I'm just curious. It seems as if you work for kicker or something the way you push them. . .

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 117
hes mentions them because most people have a tight budget. thats why you dont see him recommend zapco amps or mcintosh equipment. Jl makes good subs, but they're expensive. the comp vr's and shivas are great subs with even better prices. if the thread said, i haave no budget, you better believe glass would be recommending 13W7's and zapco amps.

Post Number: 4
Hey, I keep hearing about all of these speaker companies that I don't know about. Does Cerwin Vega, Adire Shivas,X X X, elemental, kicker, JL , or infinity, how do these compare to Alpine subs. I'm most familiar with the Alpine 12" subs so that will let me know how strong they each are without buying them all.

Post Number: 5
Oh yea, and if you go to any car shows which I expect you do. Which subs dominate, if any do, at your shows. At my show the Alpine subs dominate, but I want to know out other ones cuz that would be good info. Thx playa.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2853
I recommend JL when people can afford JL. the W6v2 and W7 lines are excellent subs, but he was talking about visonik which is a $40 sub. I didn't think he'd want to leap into a $999 13W7 as an alternative.
Probably not even a $650 Eclipse Titanuim SW9122 12"

So, I suggested the cheapest combinations I could think of, that were capable of giving him a jaw dropping outcome.

as for shows, Resonant Engineering (RE), Image Dymanics (ID), DD, JL Audio, a few others..
Kicker quite a bit, not because they are particularly great, but they sponsor anything with a pulse, so they get a lot of face time on the competition circuits.

Post Number: 8
Your sponsered by Kicker huh. That has to be badass, but I still think there is better around. HEy a sponsership though that is awesome, I wouldnt pass a sponsership up even if it was to CRAP subs & co.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us