Just a quick question

Silver Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 189
ok this is the box i am going to use 94-2001 Dodge Ram Extended Cab 2-10" FF Sub Box
[94DODGE 2-10] $75.00

Click to enlarge

Fits dodge Ram Extended Cab 94-2001
2-10'' Speakers
front firing system
Air Volume .63 Cubic Feet
Mounting Depth 5.5''
Material 5/8'' M.D.F

what is a good setup of subs that will sound real d#mn good and have great sq and fairly good spl? i am not wanting to spend more than 250 apice for a sub and 300 for a amp!

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 961
With that amount of airspace, and that thin of a board.. you won't get much for a set of subs.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 396
I say nine.1 for amp, and I don't know about your car and how you can setup subs in it, so I'm unsure about how big you can go.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
what i can only use 10's and the fit underneath the back seat facing forward!

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 398
if you have a center console, take that thing out and build a ported box with a single 10. =), would be sweet.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 963
What I meant was, you're not going to get a set of subs that have a high SPL review.. I mean, with a box that thin you take the chance of blowing it apart.. on top of that it's prefab so it's not built to specs for any sub and the fact that it has .66cu/ft per with a 5.5" mounting depth means you're only going to get shallow mount subs, or a sub that sits kind of shallow which means high xmax might be out of the question.

I realize you're going for a SQL setup, but don't expect much SPL out of any sub you get for that box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
a buddy of mine a year ago had a truck just like mine and had a set of jl audio subs what type would those be because they sounded godd or would a set of v max or cvr's be better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
anyone able to help?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 345
I dont think you have the mounting depth for either of those subs. Just look around and you need a sub with a mounting depth of about 5 inches or less.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 981
I tried to tell him :\
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us