OT......Exhaust question

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6103
i have a dual exhaust in my car right now. if i were to make it a single, would i gain some performance? will it be a noticeable difference?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 935
What size pipe do you have right now? what kind of car?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6104
05 accord v6 manual transimission

i have greddy sp2 exhaust system. a friend of mine told me to get a single pipe and i would gain performance.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 937
Doubt it.. you have 3 outs on each side of the block, right? You can use on larger pipe, but two pipes is going to give you more back pressure... in theory anyways.

Greddy makes an amazing system for that ride, I'd stick with it :-)

Don't see it making a difference either way.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 938
oh, and my first question was retorical, lol.

"you have 3 outs on each side of the block, right? "

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 482
Some engines like backpressure,while some don't.Some people also believe that running with the most free flowing exhaust(Straight Headers) will give you the most power possible.From the experience I have with Honda engines,I know they like backpressure(To an extent).I really don't think you would see any gains from converting to a single exhaust though.Have you installed an aftermarket set of headers?Are you running a Catalytic converter?I'm guessing you want to increase performance :-)The only thing you are doing though Chad is wasting time, lol, because the best way would be to lose the system if you want to go fast,but if you want more power to drag that system around hit me on AIM,I can toss up quite a few ideas on how to squeeze out some power :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2042
aaftermarket exhaust i mean the top end ones like greedy and borla the maximun horse power u can get out of the exhaust its around a maximun 7-13 hp and lower torque depending on the car and how the car care about the exhaust system its not abig diference and hard to feel, u may already gained 5 hp so if u upgrade to a better one ull be spendin alot of money in juzz 2 hp, so i suggest get someting else u alredy have a cold air intake???? or Exhaust Headers , some aftermarket computer chip re encoder, Cam Gears ,or pullys kits or something similar.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6106
just injen cold air and the exhaust. i am not looking for power from my car. its just something my friend said. i will tell him he is full of sh!t tomorow. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 388
COMMON CHAD, your Asian you should know about imports =).

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 943
My 91 accord loves it's new hi-flow exhaust :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6108
lol i guess but i never really had any interest in them. i just got the exhaust cause i wanted it to sound nice thats all.

my interest is in car audio and not fixing up my ricer.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 390
nicely said. I'm Asian also btw (Cambodian). My friends speed, I bump. They know about cars, I know about audio =). Common now, with a group of friends who love cars, you have to have atleast one friend who knows about audio :D.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1180
Is Tanabe or DC Sports Cat back exhaust systems any good?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1103
... people don't realize to get the output gain in HP and TQ from an exhaust system is not just swapping a few tubes and a muffler.. a high flow cat and good set of headers will prove those gains. the key to making HP with a motor is simple.. the quicker you can get air in and air out = more power and more torque.. people drops thousands on their motors and see gains yes.. but not as much as if they were to swap heads with larger valves.. chad you'd see a gain if you simple pulled your heads.. ported and polished them increasing your CFM that can flow through. either that or invest in an aftermarket set.

throttle body - intake - valves/heads - headers - high flow cat - good mandrel bent exhaust system ..

of course my Jetta is nothing to brag about.. all i've done to it is the simple DIY ram air mod and well the exhaust.. if you want to call it one. cut off the resonator and muffler running straight pipes after the cat

some of the key things to make the flow easier :-)

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1181
?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1182
Im thinkin about gettin the nissan sentra when i get my new car and when i was lookin for exhause it says it fits the Sentra SE-R and im only gunna get the basic Sentra 1.8 will the exhuast still fit?

Bronze Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 15
i like flowmaster gives it a nice rumble but i dont think you want yor honda with a flowmaster lol

Silver Member
Username: Xstokes88

San Antonio, Texas United states

Post Number: 117
why bother with hondas...get a v8 like me way more torque.. :-) lol

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1183
can anyone help me? lol

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1184
can someone help me find an exhuast system for a 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8?

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1107
i hope you don't actually get that car :-( .. i had that for a rent-a-car for two weeks and it was the worst thing i ever drove

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1185
o what car should i get cause i get one next year. it has to be around $15,000 brand new and i want manual transmission too..i would look at honda and acura but my computer doesnt let me go there. Is there any other cars then that would fit in my price range

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1109
why does it have to be brand new? what about a certified used car or even just a used car with low mileage and factory warranty?

as far as cars.. depends on what your looking to get out of it.. if you want something that feels like driving a golf-cart and is built like a chinese hand tool go for the nissan sentra :-)

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1186
well its for graduation present and my parents said it has to be new...it doesnt have to have a lot of options like idc if it has cruise control or sh1t like that..i was just looking at cars and there was that nissan and maybe the vw rabbit but they dont make performance parts for that and the hyundai tiburon.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1110
I would suggest checking out autotrader...

I've grown fond for VWs but idk if you can get a decent one for $15,000 ... the new VW GTI 6 speed manuals are quick.. especially if you had the VR6.. plus its a hatch so its a good spl car :-)

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1187
is the hyundai tiburon a good car?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1189
is the hyundai tiburon a good car?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums