Btl!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 352
is the btl really compairible to the RE MT????? and how loud do u think a 15" btl with about 3200rms would be in a good set up in a big car????

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 325
yeah it is comparable but the SQ is alot better on the BTL. The BTL would get hella loud with 3200 watts and it would be a good setup and any car, especially a big one

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
could ya maybe give me a db rang???? i know it all depends on the install but just estamate....ill have it in a recomended box tuned for a lil more spl.. maybe 38-40hz

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 120
size of woofer, power, vehicle??

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
15" fully loaded btl 3000-4000 rms in a 92' caddy deville - sedan

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
i don't wanna say because of the different anomalies and damping methods used... but IMO i'd say in the high 147+ to low 150's. never designed or worked on a deville yet. lol. box design as well comes into play... also resonant freq of the vehicle... ( heck ALOT of things are at play so get those hands dirty! that's the way you'll find out for sure. DIYers rule! ) the btl will not dissapoint you!

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
ok could you teach me a lil about the resonant freq of the car??? iv heard a lot about it and how its really important in spl comp but thats all i really know???

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
really easy with the term lab... DIYing (do it yourself) getting the hands dirty is what u can do... term labs are expensive... well build a sealed box most preferably with a qtc of .707(the flattest response with ur woofer) put it in the trunk and meter it... where ever it's the loudest freq. that should be the resonant freq. of the car. now build your ported box tuned to that specific freq where it peaks at hence the ("one note bass for comps...") some cars are a pain where they have 2 freq's! but spl is just plain on try try try... sadest thing though... whatever you stick in ur car... i.e. bottle of water, girlfriend in passengers seat, YOU... it has a weird anomaly and just like adding displacement or not, putting things in the car can affect it's resonant freq, like different sizes of boxes so have fun!

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 102
If you want little more SPL, check out the DD9515, or the DD3515.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6791
i seriously doubt the 3515 will have more SPL than the BTL...the 9115...indeed...unless the BTL is fully modded...enabling it to handle a bit more power....and i know power alone doesn't determine how loud a woofer is...

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6792
9515*****

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
i am getting a fully modded 15" btl...and im gunna be running 4000rms to whatever i get sooooo btl or 9515???

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 104
Hmmmm.... seems like we need to do a test. Im pretty sure the 9515 will have more SPL than the BTL fully loaded. IMO the FI subs are are over hyped. The Q was a bummer, didn't hold up to expectations. Havn't heard BTL, but will soon do a DD/FI show down. Will post when completed as well. I guess if we are going to go top of the line FI, I guess that means a 9900 right hehe. We will have a test on the 2500, 3500, 9500, and 9900. Slowly, but will be done.

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 105
Guys are running a single DD Z1 to a single 9515, which the Z1 puts out 4200-5200 depends on your electrical setup.

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
are there any tests on the Q yet????? my friend is about to order one next week so any info would be great?????

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6793
i dont want to sound like an Fi Fanboy, but for the price of the Fi subs....what more can you expect??

they aren't that expensive, and even if they don't perform like subs that cost twice as much, what are you losing???? you didn't spend that much to begin with....

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
caraudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us