OT: I went from $3k to $5K plus......

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 375
When I first started out, I thought everything was going to cost me about 3500 or so. And everytime I keep looking back and adding new stuff, especially that expensive asz 0awg wire, since I need about 130ft of it, going with knukonceptz 0awg btw. That 3500 grew! AHH, hope its all worth it at the end.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 577
Does the brand of wire really matter? I have seen absouutly no difference in voltage using different brands of wires.. and well 0 gauge is 0 gauge.... you wont get more amps threw it just because of the brand....and even if the voltage was different it would be so slight it would not even be noticable or affect the sound in anyways i can think of... am i right or am i missing somthing? please advise.... DONT TALK SH!T tho... im just asking from what ive learned im my own experience... lol

Nice going from the 3K to 5K ..... im prolly going to be on the same level.. i plan on spending about 4..... So your sh!t HAS TO wang really nicly for that price right? YOu better be satisfied!!!lol... i kno if i aint satisfied after spending that much cash... i would give up on sounds forever... or until they can make 1 watt push about 10db and maintain perfect SQ and all... Ill take 2 18" 4ohm 1000rms subs please :-)give me 20,000db haha.....i need to wake up... LMAO

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3193
i just wanna see what your gonna do with 130 feet of 0 gague wire :-)

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 376
I'm going to do two runs of power wire from front to back, same with ground. so thats about 70ft there bc Its going in a yukon. Then I need some for the big 3, then wires are going to travel quite a distance from back batts to amps, so thats 3 separate runs, also grounding parts. I thought long and hard about it. Yeah KiLLa I thought the same thing also, I was going to go with the Elemental Design's 0gauge since its $2/ft. I just finished configuring my total again, its getting near 6k. eh....

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3195
nice. $2-$3 a foot is prob the cheapest you will find. a lot of people started using wire from some kind of welding supply site, but i don't know what it is or the prices of their wire.

if you aren't too picky about wires being the same, mabye you can save some money by picking up some wire people are selling in classified sections.

i have a 9 foot and 10 foot strand of black 1/0 Gague wire i'll sell for $45 shipped. ring connectors on both ends on 1 piece and just 1 end of the other. i also have 2 pair of Monster 1/0 gague ring connectors i'll sell for $2 each.

just thought i'd throw that out there, lol. not long enough for a Yukon, but would be good for some grounds or big 3 upgrades.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 579
1$ a ft. at the local dealer by my house.. but of course that audiobahn wire... or did it sayt audioflow?> i forget

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 377
I'm going to go with the knukonceptz, the one thats 2.50/ft. know anywhere I can get a battery terminal for 3 awg outputs...I need 2 for power wire and 1 for the big 3. Might end up using the side posts for other things.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6087
yeah sh!t adds up real quick doesn't it. lol. its gonna be one awesome setup berny. make sure you park you car in a safe place man.

i get stressed out alot of times when i go somewhere. i am always thinking in the back of my head about someone jacking my sh!t. sometimes i say to myself, "is all this worth the stress?". lol. i even have nightmares about my stuff getting jacked. damn.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 898
I could have gotten you Monster UltraFlex, 40 feet for 40 dollars. It's top of the line, it's what I use. 1/0awg.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6088
you still have that cable mick?

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1145
mick if you still have that i'll buy it lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6090
hey i called dibs on it first doc

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1149
bahhh!!!
its cool, all yours sorry chad lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6091
naw its cool. i let you have it.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 583
ok if u cant agree ill take it..... jp jp

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 899
It's not limited to 40 feet, lol. I know a guy that works at U/E and he sold it to me for a dollar a foot :-)

I'll talk to him and see how much he can get and let you guys know.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 378
oh fasho then Mick, this time I'll send the payment to your parents address if everything works out good. I'll give you extra for hookin it up if you do so.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1158
bump

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 905
I'm not looking to make money off of it, bernyMAC.. if you want you can throw something in but I'm not expecting it :-)

I couldn't get ahold of him today, so I'll wait till he gets off work and call him, give me a couple hours.

This stuff is really flexible.. :D

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 380
I'll give you something for it, I mean your saving me quite a lot of money with $1/ft. So we'll see what happens.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 911
I can't say for sure it's still $1 a foot! but I'm pretty sure that's what he'll charge :-)

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 415
sup Mick, whats happening with the wires? Just a reminder. Get back when you can. thanks.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1195
bump

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 491
Yea...I think we're all going to want some of that wire at that price so...I suggest you get it delivered to your house by the truckload lol.I personally would take about 75-100 feet of it.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1382
knukonceptz wire is better, because it has like 900 strands more than the rest.. (and it's strands are the same size, not smaller, than others) that's why it's called kolossus, because it's closer to 2/0 gauge, than it actually is 0awg.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us