Can you lose ur hearing?

Bronze Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 93
can u lose ur hearing from to much loud bass and just overall music? if so have u lost it quite a bit? preferably want to hear from peeps that boom A lot

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

NE, Ohio United states

Post Number: 674
yes, you can damage your hearing from too much bass and overall loud music. good luck to you.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1036
WHAT? type louder

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 310
hahaha nice...

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 228
Yes you can. Generally, before you lose it, you will have symptoms of tinnitus. That is your clue to slow your roll.

http://www.ata.org/about_tinnitus/

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2627
why? did u think you wouldnt of course listening to anything to loud you will lose your hearing. thats just common sense.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3609
yes, u can loose ur hearing! if ur systems loud enuff...

your ears are more sensistive to higher notes, highs, trebble... its even MORE sensistive in the midbass area!! low bass is actuall OK with the ears... lol just more a body punch!
higher notes will damage faster atleast...

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1618
yeah be careful..... ive been to a concert, a dance, and just got a new amp in the past week and my ears hurt right now....im actualy pretty scared..so id be careful

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 553
i heard u can die at about 149db or so if it makes your heart skip a beat or somthing.. i think i am already going a bit deaf tho.. my friends always complain about my music to loud and well... i dont think its loud at all and i cant even hear what comes out of my mouth is that normal?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1619
recently....my bass bothers me..it like..hurts me....hahah i gotta give it a rest for a while

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1527
my ears ring all the time, especially since i got an amp on the fronts

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1303
whats your setup blaine?

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1200
you cant die at 149, wtf, ive seen daily at 150

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 554
i never seen anything to support it just heard u can die :-/ , i had that hurting feeling in my stomach b4 from the bass when i was running the earthquake phd10000 at 1ohm but that was only when i was hungry lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
oh i like the hurting feeling in the stomach, but the music never bothered my ears until recently...

maybe its my new setup (ed nine.1 running two diamonds)
or maybe its the music that the kids blast in the locker room, but if im just gonna listen quietly for now

Gold Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 1015
i think its like around 130db were you can lose your hearing over long periods of times so anything louuder you will probably lose your hearing faster lol

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1201
well, 90dBs you can lose your hearing over a long period of time, thats why old people go def, if you jam out one time your hearing will be damaged, the only way is to be in a silent room your entire life, if youve heard somone scream, ever, your ears were damaged, any sound damages your ears, sucks but true

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 122
it's true you can lose hearing but... a clean undistorted sound is less harmful than distorted ones.(you can take that one to the bank.)

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1000
I've had so much bass in my ride since I got my new amp (x1001) that I'm ready to sell and go full blown SQ.. my head HURTS constantly and my hearing is going bad in my right ear :-(

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 780
I was born hard of hearing in my right ear, so I'm sure my car sounds outa balance to most people...sounds good to me, all that matter!

(there goes my chance for SQ...*sniff*)

Bronze Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 37
if you start hearing a ringing in your ears it means to turn the bass up - drown it out...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us