Setup question

Bobby F.
Unregistered guest
Ok, would 2 12's sound better in sealed boxes or ported boxes in a single cab dodge? There is plenty of room behind the seats for slot proted boxes. I just wanna know whick would have lower bass.

Anonymous

i can preaty much tell you that every one on this site is going to tell you that ported it better and well it is true that it is louder but i have always found sealed to be a cleaner tighter bass and less harmfull to the subs

Username: Nosramus

Post Number: 3
Either way you'll still get both depending on the make of the subs, but it depends on what you want more of...

ported if you want more loudness
sealed if you want more sound quality

Anonymous

Sealed also drops lower than ported in MOST applications. I'm not saying ported can't go down to 20 hz, just needs a HUGE box and the right sub to do it. Sealed offers more cone control, which contributes to the SQ. SQ will probably be your top concern anyway saying SPL won't be that hard to achieve in a single cab truck. Most ported boxes are tuned in the 30 hz region, plus or minus a couple, a sealed box with a sub that can do it will drop below 20. By the way, Adire Audio Shivas can drop very low and are wicked at 20 hz.

Bronze Member
Username: Jchevy91

Post Number: 24
Sealed defintly.

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 96
It all depends what you want to do and hear. Nothings better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us