Help me with set up for 96 civic trunk- 2 subs, 2 amps

Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 9
I've got two Polk-Momo MM-12 sub enclosures, with two Polk amps, about 13" X 10", and 11" X 10" in size.

I was thinking about mounting the subs on a 3/4" plywood board, with the amps mounted somewhere on the board as well.

I plan to fire the subs towards the back of the car, but I'll try it both ways.

Any specific suggestions are much appreciated.

I'm also not sure if I put them on a single board, that I'll be able to take them out easily. The board would rest on the flimsy cover for the spare tire. What about if I need the spare? I definitely need some help to figure this out.

Thanks.

sure_13
Unregistered guest
well first of all, I know enough to tell you to use MDF (medium density fiberboard) instead of plywood. And be sure you pre drill all holes before screwing anything into this stuff. Do fire the subs back to the car, so the sound can bounce of the rear and create better sound waves. (simplified reason) Also it sounds like you were planning on using a single board instead of building a box. Bad idea. Definately build or buy a box. Good luck.

City of Angels

Post Number: 10
Thanks sure_13 for the MDF tip. The subs are already enclosed in their own well made box. I'm just thinking about anchoring them to a larger board rather than try to anchor them individually to some spot in the trunk.

So, I'm thinking MDF is preferred if I was building a sub enclosure, but plywood should be fine for a cheap board to mount the sub box's onto.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Anonymous

no you jew, use MDF plywood will resonate to much and sound like crap

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 12
ok, jew-hater, i'll bet you can't explain your reasoning further. you use the phrase "resonate too much", you've obviously never taken a physics course. tell me, what are the resonant frequencies of typical plywood?

and how did you know I was a jew? damn.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 538
ahahah lol i like that stuff ian...

anywyas, mDF is preferred because its pretty darn dense which keeps sound in, but if used with high powered subs, tends to flex and thats why people use cross braces in the boxes

if you need to reach the spare tire, would you be able to just pull off the plywood board? meh sounds good to me man...

caenine
Unregistered guest
anybody know how to fit a subwoofer to a peugeot 206? wiring that sort of thing, help!!

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 13
caenine, may I suggest starting your own thread? You might get better responses that way. cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us