Charging system upgrade

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 246
i asked this question in my last thread. but it was a changed topic quesyio. i jacked my own forum.lol.. so i figred i would try it this way
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/273996.html old thread. titled deleted thread. heres my questions

ok one more question. i no i will def. need a ho alt. do i put it in place of my old one? and will i need another battery. cause i have enough room for one under my seat where im gonna put my cap. cause thiss willl be my secnd amp in tha truck. i have an alpine vpower fchan for my kappa door speakers

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5673
The HO alternator will replace your old unit.
No need for 2nd battery unless you plan on listening to your system with engine off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
ok, but def. a ho alt. how many amps u think would be enough. i think the stock is like 60-75 sumthin like that. and where can i get one from

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1286
www.excessiveamperage.com

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2624
200A would be great

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 950
i wouldnt go excessive at all. go with irragi look on ebay for them he makes great alts and has a written warrentee unlike EA

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
what is irragi, im new to this whole HO alt. business, i have never had the system to need one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2626
what'syour ride??

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3128
Dominick Iraggi
Iraggi Alternators
has an Ebay Store or can be contacted directly at:
dominick AT tds.net

make sure you give make, model, year and engine size.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 141
Does not HAVE to replace, it can be added to the existing system if you have the space. This is the best idea of all, tho replacing is fine.

Dont go to excessive....dont go here.....go to this guy, go to that guy. Ppl will have problems with alot of ppl, it just happens. The forum fave here is Dom, whom consequently, i can find more sh!t about than anyone. He may be doing better, he may not, i dont care so...fanboys....save your breath.

Heres my advice.

Dude, find a decent warranty and price and go with that person.

Excessive
HO
Alterstart
Ohio Gen
Knukonceptz
Iraggi
Mean Grean

To name a few.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
sweet. that sounds awsome. will 4 awg wire be enough for the 12wrms amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2635
should be, but if i were you i'd run 2awg cuz everyone upgrades sooner or later

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
yeah i might. i dont really see myself upgrading after i get the se's and the nine.1 i thnk that will be plent loud for me. the only other up grade that i could see me doin would be my componets and comp amp.. thats it... but thanks for all the advice guys

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 714
I remember when I got my 2 12" CVR's and the hifonics tx1005d... I said the EXACT same thing.. now, about5 sets of subs and 3 amps later, I'm running 2 15" eclipse 88150 and an xtant x1001.

Go with 1/0awg wire, and a distribution block.. even if you don't upgrade later, you'll get better flow with 1/0awg :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
ok. its not that big of a deal. i dont need a dist. block tho. i have two amp kits running to the seperate amps. 8awg to the vpower and 4 to the big amp. ill jus replace the 4 with 1/0 shouldnt be very hard... thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us