I want 1 15 and need help on what to choose

Username: Tremsy

Post Number: 2
I want 1 15 inch sub, what is a good sub for the price and one that will thump. I was looking at a type r from alpine, but would like more ideas. if u could please put the price or the website its on.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 543
adire audio tempest

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 12
Get the Image Dynamics IDQ15 D4 V.2 I have heard this sub and all I can say is wow. It was loud and clear. Not as accurate as I would have liked but the bass was very deep. It hit like a mutha too.

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 133
alls i can say is that i have found 15" subs to be kinda slow in responce because of all the air resistance that they have so i would try to find one with a dual voice coil setup

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
dual voice coil doesnt affect the pull, its only for wiring options...i.e. dual 2 ohm can go to 1 or 4 ohms

dual 4 can go 8 or 2 ohms (dont know why ud go 8)

it DOES NOT affect the linear pull of the magnet/electromagnetic field

Silver Member

Post Number: 545
btw, the tempest is by far the clearest, best sounding 15" sub i have ever heard - ive heard all sorts of 15's too, inclusing 15k's, 15w3's, compVR15", all sorts and the tempest with 750w rms sounds the best for SQ by a decent margin (15k near behind) and SPL slightly - 15k's and 15 VR's are pretty loud too

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 111
15" Eclipse titanium or aluminum have the best SQ for a 15". titanium is a step up from the aluminum, pretty expensive subs, but you pay for their quality.

Cainer
Unregistered guest
VIBE SPL15 in vented box with a JL 1000.1 AMP
deep'n'loud

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 135
y dosnt it bacon because you know im not an expert but the way that i see it is that you have 2 times the coil to push it but yet i suppose that now you have to take the power that you have and split in half i dont know you tell me

ok at least do go with a vented box it well increes the responce of the sub because it is easier flowing now :S unless bacon says other wise

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
kevin's suggestion is a decent one..

eclipse makes excellent subs, especially the titanium series, the 15" titanium pro hits 1.75" xmax 1 way, thats extremely impressive and with that amount of surface area, i cant image the SPL one of those monsters makes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us