Treo SSX1500.1 problems

Username: Mike_stokes

Post Number: 1
ok so i just bought a treo ssx1500.1, and i have it hooked up to a 1 farad cap just until i get another battery. today when i turned the car on the cap went from reading 12.2V to 8.0 Volts and the subs jumped up and flexed. i quickly unhooked the power wire and tried to mess with it a bit, but i had no luck. every time i turn the car on, even without the cap, the subs just flex at high excursion. can anybody tell me what's wrong with my amp and what i can do about it? thanks

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 339
When I call Treo the tech guy Wayne told me the SSX amps are not being ship. I don't know why but that's what he told me.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 898
sounds like you need a bigger alt if your cap read 8 volts, another batt will just put more stress on the alt

Username: Mike_stokes

Post Number: 5
but the thing is the amp worked fine for about 2 weeks (i just couldn't turn it up loud because i only had a 150 amp inline fuse, haven't got around to upgrading to 0 Gauge) and then it all of a sudden started acting up for no reason

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2620
HO alt

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3591
those amps are sensitive to voltage changes and lack of current.... we have 2 sitting on the floor in the back of the shop, awaiting to be returned.... that amps has 2 +/- 0ga pwr terminals...

they also stoped shipping them because, the new 07 lineup is coming out soon...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9212
could be a bad battery that is in ur car as well too....

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
My cousin said Treo tech help is a b!tch. Have any of you guys had trouble with Treo tech help.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 984
^^^ not personally but i have read numerous times he is awful to deal with

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 442
unplugg the rca's, you might be picking up some nasty feedback, your HU might of shi!t on the rca preouts, i had a kenwood that did that and it would beat almost the same as the engine woul run, engine noise increase.. so would the subs, and it was putting ALOT of power to them... unglug the rca's turn it on, if it stops.. bad rca cables or HU....

hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 139
Welcome to DC voltage!

Have fun with it.

Amps fuxored. Diode i believe.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google, use it

Post Number: 6483
haha....

fuxored.......

that sucks man....my USA 4300x is sensitive to higher voltage...shust off everyonece in a while when i start my car up....

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 150
Im a huge fan of US Muddy, one day, when we have an hour, we'll talk about how i feel about those i have/had. The 4300 is a great lil amp.

Anyway...After reading it again, sans beer, im fairly sure of the original assessment.

Look at it this way. An amp is basically a DC to AC converter. If you were to attach a sub to a battery it would do the very same thing as he is describing.

Thus.......

Gold Member

Google, use it

Post Number: 6495
i agree...i wish they never got bought out...i am only 45 mins from where they built them:-)

if they hadn't been bought out, i might have a USA 1000 instead, but i am happy with my purchase(DLS A6):-)

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 151
Bought out or not, the end result is the same Sir.

Nothing has changed. The AX line is every bit as bada55 as you would expect. The other 2 lines fill the void that you would expect would be needed for an amp company to continue in a market where having just an "elite" line would leave you scratching your a55 and wondering wtf happened to your company

I have used the AX line and am just as impressed as i was before.

So parts are made overseas and assemlbed here.....so what. Drive a Chevy? Ford? Welcome to the real world...and how it is.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 152
Joey.....they are still beta...soon, very soon. I have seen the new amps and they are even more impressive "looking" than their predessors.

Still no matter wtf the "For Sale" ads say...a 1500.1 doesnt do 3k unless the goddam thing is struck by lightning. 1500 at full tilt at 14v is what you would expect.

Also....they "can" run as low as .35 for burps and retain reliability. Mostly due to impedence rise and ohm loss thru the speaker wiring.

Which is another post all together. ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
Renegadesrun

What are you talking about?

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 155
You guys take stupid pills around here?

You reply above said "When I call Treo the tech guy Wayne told me the SSX amps are not being ship. I don't know why but that's what he told me"

I just told you why.

:rolleyes:

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6521
i was told that the AX line was Godly....but told to stay away from the other 2.

the "Merlin" series, or now the Xterminator, was a very crappy run of amps...local shop had 7 of them sent back for overheating/shutting off.

either way...they are definitely on the list of future amps to be bought...AX line of course:-) hahaha

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 156
The "other 2" are dependable. Just dont expect them to drop low as the AX's.

Never a return at our store yet.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6522
maybe it was the IS series...can't remember the details...but either way...doesn't matter. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
Renegadesrun

The dude said he bought his in mid august and that's around when I tried to buy one.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 158
They still are not shipping Sir. Soon......

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6523
fug Treo....lol

i tried to buy an SSX750.1 and they were out of circuit boards....waited a month..still nothing...went with DLS.yay!:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 400
But any ways I'm not looking for a Treo any more. I got a Rockford T20001BD on the way should here in about a week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us