Will a Elemental Designs NINe.1 amp push 4 CVR 12s?

Bronze Member
Username: Dmm2005

Warrenton/Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 16
I am interested in running four kicker cvr 12s and my friend recommended getting the ED NINe.1 to push them. Do you think this would push them better than the kicker kx1200.1? Lemme know what you think.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 640
You'll be underpowering them by 400 watts, and that's under the assumption that you get 4 dual 2 ohm subwoofers. It'll work, just won't get the full potential of the subs :-)

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 641
Oh, and the Kicker will give you more power than the ED would.. you'd be underpowering them LESS with the kicker 1200.1

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2571
depends on your charging system too, cuz the ED is measured at 12V. If you can keep the voltage at 14.4 volts the amp might put 1400-1500w rms. You're going to underpower anyway but is not going to be that different.

If you're getting 4 CVRs, get the dual 2 ohm version so you can get a 1 ohm load. If your budget is low get the hifonics 2006d, this one will power those subs properly, might overpower but those subs can take 500w rms anyday

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 342
The KX will but out 1500RMS at 1 ohm...

Julio- I thought you need dual 4 ohm to get a 1 ohm load. and dual 2 ohms give a .5 load

Bronze Member
Username: Dmm2005

Warrenton/Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 17
for two subs dual 4 ohm would drop it to 1 ohm, but for four subs i would run dual 2 ohm up to 4 ohms for each speaker which would drop it to 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3086
both amps will be about the same. it'll be hard to find a KX series amp now though.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/elementaldesigns_wiring.php

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 343
oh i forgot about the 4 subs lol thought only two

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 344
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1503763/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046/order/desc/order_by/sell_price

I bought mine new from them, but i guess tehyd ont have annymore

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2584
cavs what's happening lately hehehhe lol^^^

Bro if i were you i'd get hifonics 2006d, good budget amp and you're free to go.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1167
dude, you will be happy dont worry, 4 12's over 1100 watts will make almost anyone happy, i mean, it wouldnt make me happy but it WILL make you happy dont worry.

ps, im insane
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us