Would this work?

Bronze Member
Username: Pat99

Post Number: 35
i just bought another amp i was wondering if i could run a power wire from the other amp to power it. also do the same with the remote wire.
would this work?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 313
Why not do it the right way and get a distribution block?You may need to go with thicker gauge wire though.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3603
yea it will work. But it will be more expensive to get another power wire, and runitfrom the batt to the new amp. with a distro block. it takes the power form the one power wire, and splits it equally into both amps.

for the rem wire, you can just hook the rem wire from one amp directly to the rem wire on the other amp, and then form that to ur HU

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2542
^^

Bronze Member
Username: Elmagico

Post Number: 46
for that get a 10 farad capacitor and run both amps from the capacitor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
right now i have my good amp powering my sub. if i put another power wire into that amp and put it to the one i just bought will it make my sub less loud? my new amp is goin to the front speakers only.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3605
why would you put anothr power wire into the first amp that is drivin ur subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
so i dont have to run a power wire all the way up to my battery

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3607
of course you are gonna hvae to.. thats how ur amp gets the power.

Ur questions are kinda confusin, but i am guessin that you want to run a power wire form ur sub amp to battery. then another power wire from ur new speaker amp to ur battery also..

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 272
nooo

he has one amp, positive going from battery to 12v+, which is normal. now, he has a new amp, and instead of buying another ~20 ft of power wire, he wants to just buy like 4 ft and run it from the first amp, to the 2nd amp...

parallel wiring, in a sense...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3613
oic. i rather just get a distro block. because that power wire carrying that much current isnt going to supply both amp with the adequte power. thats why when you have a 4 awg power iwre to one amp, and you get another amp, you run 1/0 to the distro bock, and then 2 4 awg's out of the distro block to the amps, because you get the bigge :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us