Audioque HD3 or Fi Q

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 189
4.5 cubes ported tuned to 33 hz with 1300-1400 watts RMS? What will give me the best bump with the most sound quality on those specs... (i know theyre arent the exact same kind of woofer)

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 758
Q i dont think the HD would really come alive with only 1400 watts the Q is supposed to sound like the old XXX so it will probably have better SQ

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6153
you are simply trying to get to much bump from big subs....

you need to shoot for somehting that will be max OUT with the power you are applying.

try....a DD 3500
2 SSD's(Fi)
AA Havoc
AQ SD2.5
MMats Dreadnautt
Stereo Integrity Mag
Crystal CompX

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 190
well my SSX sounds good just dont have the cash to buy a new alt

Gold Member

Post Number: 6182
with the amount of money you are looking to spend on an AQ HD($375) or an Fi Q($280), you could buy an Irragi alt. and then have the power to REALLY drive that SSX:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6183
the one thing people hate spending money on is an Alternator...b/c to them, it doesn't directly affect how the system sounds.

you get a new sub, it sounds different.
you get a new amp, it sound louder/cleaner...etc.

you buy an alt. to make sure everything runs smoothly. lol your not really seeing anything from tyhe purchase except working equipment per say.

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 192
welll given.... but i would sell my ssx if i got an hd3 or a fi Q but yeah im not worrried about sufficiently powering it at this point my SSX soudns great except at high volumes.... i wish i just had an HO alt so i could make that sh!t sound clear at high volume... but oh well... the reason im trying to get a new sub is for the simple fact that it is new... i would have to get my treo recones cuz i blew the dustcap off and it chipped part of the dustcap.. ive asked treo and they havent responded so i dunno

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3578
The aq HD's are supposed to be compared to the 9500 i have heard...

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 297
yeah they are, and from what I read they were close in comparison. I think it was on CA forums.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3581
yea. they were very close @ 3k watts, but after 3k the DD took over

Gold Member

Post Number: 6220
cuz the DD is a beast lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6624
yeah it is:-)

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 194
so would the hd3 sounds better on 1300-1400 watts than an sd2.5? i mean the 1300-1400 would be what is says RMS on the site (i am aware they can handle more more than that) would that mean the sub will still sounds great with less wattage? what about an Fi q with the same amount is that way underpowering it... rec is 1000 rms but just looking for opinions

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 760
i wouldnt put 1400 on a single SD2 thats quite a bit for that sub and that should be fine for a Q

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 200
would that be OK for an hd3? in case i get some cash im gonna upgrade my electrical system but for the time being i cant

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 765
it would take it fine but it wouldnt be really loud or anything super special lol, if you do get one start saving for a 2500 to 3K amp and get a good alt

Bronze Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 42
Noooo, Drsmith, thats not true at all. The HD3 would get veeeeery loud on 1400 watts. I emailed scott from FI audio about giving the Q 1200 watts and he said I would be pushing it too much. HD3 all the way. I would put 1400 watts on 2 12" SD2.5's for the best result, but the HD3 will still out pound the Q. The SD2.5's and the HD3 will keep up if not take the SSX in sq given the proper enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 303
I would go with a HD3, because then later you know you can get a bigger amp and sell the one you have now and then put more power to it when you want to =). IT works it 1000RMS and later when theres a need, you can just get that 3000RMS amp and yay time for you.

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 285
i 2nd that

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 768
yeah i realize that but its like buying a big dog that loves to run and putting it in a little cage and never letting it out to have fun, its just not fair to the sub lol, you all know i love the HD but i just thought he could spend his money more wisely

Gold Member

Post Number: 6243
dude.....depending on the box....the Q will not need 1200wRMS....yay! lol

i wouldn't buy a sub and only put half of its RMS rating on it....you run the risk of getting greedy and clipping it to death.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 359
HD3 is more of a SPL sub.

Isn't the Q a SQ/SQL driver?

Just decide what you want out of your sub stage. But those 2 subs probably shouldn't really be compared since they are both good for different things.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6248
agreed.:-)

i was simply replying to 2 different statements...damnit i wish i would have busted out the "apples and oranges" quote. LOL

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 286
lol^^

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 288
Reese before you make your decision read this

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/272696.html

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 203
The HD3 will is a very efficient sub and will get very loud on 1400 watts

saw that and i think the owner would know pretty well what his subs will do... though they can handle a lot of power they are rated for i think 1000-1200 RMS so i think is hould be fine...

btw i forgot who posted about the 2 12s and i would really like to do that but i just spent 200 bucks on a box for a 15 so im gonna stick with a 15 for now..

HD3 it is i guess
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us