AudioQue HD3- good read

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 287
DJ, the owner of AQ, by email-

The HD3 will is a very efficient sub and will get very loud on 1400 watts. It will get very loud on 800 watts. In my personal demo vehicle (2004 chev excab) I run two HD310's on DDS1 amps with 600 watts each and it is a very loud setup. J Ledgerwood does a 148.1 legal in dbdrag off of 400 watts on two HD312's. This can be verified by looking it up on dbdrag's competitor stats. Better yet go to www.soundpressure.com forum and ask the guys over there. Chris Dekker took first place in his class at Meca World Finals last year with a 150.1 (It was AS1 or AS2) with two HD312's on 1000 watts.

Excursion and/or Xmax really are not a big factor when it comes to how loud a system will get. For example if you tune a box to 45 Hz and play a 20 HZ note you will get huge excursion but little spl. Tune the box to 50 Hz and play a 60 Hz note you will find the sub barely moves but has great spl. You can take a dirt cheap sub with a very week suspension and make it bottom out on 200 watts but it will not sound good or get loud.

The HD3 series are unique in that they are very efficient and will get as loud or louder on the same power as practically any other sub made. They will however continue to get louder with more power and stay together when most of the others have destroyed themselves. Put 1000 watts on a HD3 and 1000 watts on any other sub and the HD3 will probably be louder nine times out of ten assuming both subs are in the ideal box.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6260
sounds like a damn sales pitch. LOL

he makes some good points about the Xmax and such.

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 615
good read

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 360
"the HD3 will probably be louder nine times out of ten assuming both subs are in the ideal box."

I know a few that are that 1 out of 10 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 244
do u kno any of those 1 out of 10 that cost the same as the hd3 tho? isnt the HD3 cheap?

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 801
374 shipped for the 15 yay mine left, the factory today, should be here thursday

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 361
Well I don't know of any drivers that are exactly the same as the HD3 for the price. I just know of some that are better for around $75-$150 more. But it is deff. a solid SPL sub for the price.

If I looked into it, I am sure I could find something very similiar for around the same price though if not better.

But like I said, overall for the price I think it is a good purchase.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us