OT Pleasee look

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 162
A good friend of mine just bought installition parts for his system... It cost him over 170 bucks total. So he called me to ask him if i could find him anything cheaper. Its a basic system 1200 watt power amp 500 RMS, nothing fancy. Im not sure what exactly to look for so im asking you guys to just help him real quick.

Does he just need an amplifier kit and RCA plugs? If thats it you guys no anywhere online where we could save him a few bucks... Thanks a lot for the help

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1754
Well in a amplifier kit it usually includes: RCA cables, ground wire, power wire, fuse, fuse holder, remote(turn on) wire, and sometimes speaker wire.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 185
Wal-Mart sells decent power kits by schoshe for cheap. 4 guage power with a distribution block that makes it into two 8 guages w/ 8 guage grounds it also comes with a 100A maxi fuse and 2 pair of RCAs and I think it costs like 25$

Personally I don't put very much stock into the whole "Im going to run 0 guage power/ground and 4 guage speaker!" that is just rediculous.

Maybe in some systems with like 10,000 watts but in general that is way overkill.

Also IMO just about all wires are the same. There is no difference between schosche or rockford fosgate wire except RF bends you over on price.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3316
For just a simple 500wrms system...the walmart 4ga amp kit is plenty. It wont be fancy, but it gets the job done.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 163
anywhere i can find that walmart kit online?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1526
Wire is not wire, not always. Some has a much higher strand count and some have overthick insulation to make you think it is good. There is also a big difference between tinned and untinned but you crimp guys would never know the difference anyways, lol. Polo :-O

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 164
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4213089#Item+Description

Is this all the neccesary stuff he would need? Or is there a different amp kit he should get

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3318
that will do.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 165
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mEoDXTNcho5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=amplifier+w iring+kits&i=142PA8

That looks good i guess. is 8 gauge ok for his stuff?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 166
Ahh sorry for all the posts but this is what i think he bought in the store that cost 100 and the RCA outputs cost 50! I broke an RCA wire one time and it only cost me 15 bucks for a new pair. Circuit city ripped him off. But he can get the same stuff online for much cheaper. Is this kit good thanks for the help. Ans sorry for all the posts..

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/71671/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Bronze Member
Username: Noviceinstaller

Here, There

Post Number: 22
you're better off w/ chris's suggestion......

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3320
if you want a better quality kit....try this one:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=eKo-K4

it has just about everything you will need...all you will need is alil speaker wire to hook up the sub(s).

Bronze Member
Username: Noviceinstaller

Here, There

Post Number: 25
sorry about previous post ignorance prevails and i didnt realize chris was the author... but marshalls suggestion is a far better buy than the wal- mart kit.. plus it looks cooler.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8954
wire is wire....

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 459
wasnt there a big thread about that lol^^^

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 167
Cool thanks guys for all the help. Ill let my friend know. I think im gonna make him buy the one you showed me marshall. Ill make sure i let him know you guys helped. Thanks again

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 168
One more thing lol

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KAR08BLS

Is that good fore speaker wire. When i did my stuff i just went to home depot and bought it so im not sure how it looks online. THANKS

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3324
that is VERY good speaker wire...but you only need 8ga speaker wire if you are running ALOT of power.

14-12ga is fine for 500wrms.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 172
OK sounds good thanks Marshall. You just saved my friend about 100 bucks lol i bet hes going to appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us