2 q.

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 237
aight i got one 12" kicker L7 now in a ported box its 3 cubix feet. tunded to 40 hz i was wandering if i bout a 15" if that box would be to small?

and i have a q. for poly fill do i put the wire to keep the polyfill in the box at the end of the port? or inside the box where the port starts?
and some one said chicken wire would keep it in... where the fu*k can i get chicken wire???

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1725
you don't use polyfill in ported boxes. and i think 3ft. might be to small for the 15".

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 404
Polyfill is great in sealed enclosures, if you're too cheap to buy the right enclosure.

Build a box to Kicker's specs for the 15", don't cheap-as$ it or you'll regret it when you hear that sub for the first time :-)

also, 40hz is kinda high for that sub, imo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
i want SPL not sq thats why i did 40 hz and i really don't feel like makin a new box thats why i was askin about the old box...

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
i just wanna get something dif thats louder but i don't wanna bild a new box :-(

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 407
I hear ya.. you can get a cheap prefab box for now, if you're into that sort of thing lol.

ebay for about 60 bucks shipped.

then get the 15" L5/L7

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
aslong as the prefab box is loud but one bad thing is i don't have a bank... so i don't have a paypal so i cant get stuff off ebay :-( im gonnna go to the flee market tomorrow....would 4 15" in a sealed box probably about 1 cubix feet per sub do you think that would be loud? im just tryin to think of stuff that is kinda cheap but i can buy in person....but i don't have anyone to talk to where i live about audio :-( thanks guys! :-)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 411
depending on where you live, you can use money orders on ebay.

and no, a 15" should be in a bigger box than 1 cu. ft. ... it will require ALOT of power in a box that small and wont sound as good as it would in a bigger box.

Sign up for ebay for free without a bank acount, I did it.. then only bid/buy it now on auctions that accept money orders. when you win an auction go to the post office and get a money order for the amount, an envelope and send the payment off :-)

thats what I do, and it's all ive ever done on ebay.. and I have 100% positive feedback.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 412
why not 2 15" in a box with 2- 2 cu. ft. chambers? SEALED, not ported... :-)

Great SQ, and if the right speaker is selected you'll get some nice SPL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
well i was just bringin up the 4 15" cuz i know somone thats selin one. and i don't want SQ i just want SPL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us