Kicker Two 10" L7 & Hifonics BXI-1606D @2ohm Question?

Username: Majestacal

Post Number: 1
Hi im glad I found this forum been doing some searching on my new system I got installed yesterday im just wondering if my current setup is to much for these kicker 10" L7's running with this Hifonics 1600 monoblock amp @2ohms I have 4gauge power/ground wire and custom ported box built to specs for these subs I guess I just want to know if I should run them @4ohms if it would be more stable for the speakers im not real technical when it comes to these but could someone tell me how much RMS each sub is getting @2ohm and then @4ohms with this Hifonics amp?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2791
if your running at 2 ohm load then you can not run 4ohm load, if the subs are dual 2 then you are running 2 ohm or .5 ohm, if they are dual 4 then it is either 1 ohm or 4 ohm.

Post Number: 2
They are Dual but im not sure doesnt kicker have to versions of these subs a 4ohm series and a 2ohm series? thats the impression I get from there website.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2793
there are 2 versions, you need to know which ones you have,

Post Number: 3
They are Kicker 06-S10L7 Dual 4ohm voice coil 1200watts max power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2794
then you are only running either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. and the amp is 1ohm stable, so i bet it is ran to 1ohm, which is fine as long as gain is adjusted correctly. rms on those subs is 600w, so I would leave it at a 1ohm load...

Post Number: 4
Thanks im just making sure everything is wired correctly. I have these in a 05 Chevy Equinox my next problem is trying to get my lights from dimming everytime the subs hit I was told to make sure I have a good power hookup which I think the guys did a poor job on that they didnt even connect it to the battery terminal they hooked it up to a post thats next to the fuses under the hood my ground is perfect im not getting any engine feed back through my speakers if moving the power cord doesnt correct this you think I should get a Optima battery?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2796
that could be a secondary power source, some cars have them so you do not have to tie direct to the battery.

Post Number: 5
What would be your suggestion on getting my lights from almost going out when the radio is up lol even driving down the highway at 80mph I could see the lights dimming to almost nothing on the road.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5458
high output alternator

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1091
^epensive but true^ thats about it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9063
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

http://www.wickedcases.com/tutorials/index.html ......

Post Number: 7
I cant seem to find what my stock alt puts out on my 05 Equinox im searching the net for some info and cant seem to find HO alts for my vehicle either.

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1095
talk to nate at excessive amperage

im gonna guess his email cuz i forgot

nate@excessiveamperage.com

someone around here knows it, also hes on this forum alot so make a thread with his name and hell see it and he'lll help you out

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1096
didnt bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us