First wiring question, like ever for me

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1074
ok, ive got 2 single 4 ohm pioneers, and 2 single 8 ohm rockfords, i know how to wire em to 2 ohms like i want but will they all be seeing the same power or will the rocks see less because they have more resistance

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 234
what are you wiring them up to? and I am not really sure but I am going to assume that they will get less power

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3437
the lower impedence means greater power.

if you have an amp that does 300 @ 2, and wire to 1 ohm, will get around 500 watts or so

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1081
ok, its a pca 2000, 2000@ 1 ohm, i know its gopnna put out 1100 cuz im wiring to 2 ohms but idk if the 2 8 ohm subs will be getting the same power as the 2 4 ohm subs, like will

like if i test on the rocks and they are getting 250 but then i test the pios will they be getting twice as much cuz its half the ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9060
if those subs r all the same size i would rec u NOT mix/match subs - most likely it wont sound too good ....

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1084
there all in seperate boxes, and thats all i have money wise cuz there free

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2790
you can not wire that down to 2 ohms...

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1088
uh yeah you can
i know how to wire subs, didnt i tell you not to get fresh in the last thread, cmon...

so yeah will they all see the same power or will the 8 ohms see less

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1090
sorry ty, your right bro my bad, i did it in my head,now that i did the math ill get 1. im sorry, but yeah so do you think they'll all get the same power or what?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2797
they will all get the same power, it is determined buy whatever the ohm load is put on the amp, i would find someone to buy those and get some better dual 4 ohm subs(2)

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1092
well, i dont own any of em haha rocks bought for a friend for his birthday and im using em till then, and the pios are alexv305s, so im just using these for now till i get my new car and my jizz system :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us