Need 2 know some words meaning .

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 424
hi guys ,

Please i was going to build my own box for DD 2512 but i found a lot of problems , As some words meaning , Maybe here in Our country doesn't use these words or majors ( Dimensions ) .

So please if anyone can help me to understand these Dimension's words .

Cuft is cubic feet, Okay i know what does this mean but we do not use feet , we use
C meter , or even mm its the same .. so its will be cubic cm . And is it use for wood thickness .
Also these is ( 28 liters of airspace ) how can i major that ..?
Hole Dia.
Basket OD.
Mounting Lip

And for example what does this mean 3 5/16"

2.00^ft (1) 12" subwoofer 30.00 sq" vent x 16" long tunes to 40Hz

how can i tune to 40Hz .

I know my Questions would be stupid to you but if its on our Dimensions words it would be easy .

All these words came from http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/enclosureInfo/mountingData.asp

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 906
dimensions are the outside measurments of the box

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 425
I know that , But there is alot of words i wrote it up i did n't understand it ..

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1701
Hole Dia.-hole diameter, the size of the hole for the sub in the box.

3 5/16"-inches, 3 and 5/16 inches

not the best box builder so i'll let someone else do the rest, don't want to give bad info.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 426
thanks alot Ctmike , But 3 for what and 5 for what .

16" for what ..

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 427
Mounting Depth 6 7 /16"

what does that mean ..?

Its for 12" 2512

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 230
thats how far into the box the sub will go into. in centimeters it is 16.35...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5889
http://www.onlineconversion.com/

this should help you out a LOT with converting these measurements into something you are more familiar with.:-)

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 428
thanks all of u .

I'll try @ this Site muddy .

But what about Hz . WHAT is it .. I know its freq but how can i make my box 40Hz

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1075
you have to use a box building website, www.subwoofertools.com middle right it says subwoofers then enclosures and then you put all your numbers in and stuff, its a complicated process, if you need help ask

Gold Member

Post Number: 5891
how you tune a box is the amount of air equivalent in the port as opposed to the box.

the MORE port you have....the lower the tune.

a port calculator does this best...b/c it is some long drawn out formula.

you just put in net box volume...port area...and it gives you length.:-)

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 429
woow i did n't find Cuft .. I find just foot ,

and i still can n't understan what is it for .. is it for wood thikness .

or the area in box .

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 231
Tuning your box depends on how much port area and length you have...and that also depends how much volume the box is going to have...Honestly it will be allittle more difficult for you to figure all this out because all of the online calculators ive seen for ports have been in inches....but with allittle work you can figure it out. here are some links for calculating ports and other stuff.

http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/cgi-bin/port_length_calculator.cgi

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#por

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=39&Eh=17&Dia=9&Xmax=24.6&V d=.21&NumW=1&Vb=2.5&Fb=31&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=1.5

the last site is for a slot port box...you just put in your info and they design a box for you...the other calculators are all for round ports....what you choose to do is w/e you think will work easier/better for you

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 232
cuft is the volume of the box..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5892
a lower tune is usually LESS port area and MORE port length

a higher tune is usually MORE port area and LESS port length.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5893
check under Volume for cubic feet.:-)

it's there. they have EVERYTHING. lol

http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 430
Hey guys what is this fast services i got ..

Thanks all of u ,,

Steinkeastg Its realy hard , So i have to learn more about Dimensions then i gan do it ,

Thanks and i'll tell u after reading all of these sites .

Merci

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 431
MuDDy u 're the person who made me LOVE DD's

And now u helped me alot Thanks .

But @ this Site there is Just Feet ,, There is No Cubic Feet ..

I saw it before

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 432
OPS i found it Sorry ,,

THANKS ALOT

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 235
yeah...i figured it would be...just stick with it cause after building your own box you will feel great after you listen to it and it is exacly what you wanted...just stick with it and in the end you will have somethign you did on your own

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 433
1 cuft = 28 316 . 8 cubic c meter ..

thanks

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 434
I have to Do it by myself , Cuz here in Our Country they do not know anything about Ported Box's ..

They just build saled Box and without any Dimensions ..

Maybe i'll be the 1st @ Box's Building Here .

Thanks Mr.Adam

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 435
WOOOW , Its Very Hard , I read all of sites and I was reading for about 4 hours , Okay Now I know a little bit , But still do not know how can I build mine .

I edit @ DD's Box , Its look like which I want to build but a bout information's I just do know these :

1 -- Its 40Hz , But how can I reach that Hz I don't know .(Ok MuDDy I know lower tune is usually LESS port area and MORE port length , a higher tune is usually MORE port area and LESS port length ) But how can I know its 40 Hz ..

2 -- Mounting Depth 6 7/16" but what does 6, 7 and 16" Means .... Its For what .. why they wrote three numbers ..

3 - Volume 2.50^ft

4 - 37.50 sq" vent x 16" long .. WHATS THAT ??

and Many Dimensions Still Wanted ??
Upload
Upload
Upload

But in DD's Website they Draw this
Upload

I have 2 do it just like that or just like whay i drawed ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5896
Ok...i will give this a try.

1. to acquire a certain tune, ANY tune...is based on how MUCH port area you have and how LONG the port is. get a box...find how big it is.... then find how much port area there is(opening of the
port width and height) then hit the calculate button, and it will spit out a PORT LENGTH or DEPTH to Acheive the desired tune.:-)

2. the mouting depth is measured from the back of the MOUNTING ring on the sub...to the tip of the subs back plate. 6 7/16" = 6 inches, and a 7/16th of an inch. so you would take 7 divided by 16 and get .4375, then you would add that to the original 6 inches to get 6.4375 inches for the subs mounting depth.:-)

3. the volume of the box is the Length(Depth) muliplyed by the Width mulitplyed by the Height of the inside of the box. TO get these inside measure ments...you take each of the outside ones and subtract 1-1/2" from each...3/4" MDF on both sides gets that number. or 1.5" from each to make it into a decimal. after you have multiplied each number together you get a really large number.

lets say you have a box that is 38"(L) x 24"(W) x 17"(H)

you will take 1.5" from each measurement to account for the thickness of the wood on BOTH sides of the box... 3/4" + 3/4" = 1/5" :-)

so now we have 36.5"(L) x 22.5"(W) x 15.5(H) for the internal measurements of the box.

which comes out to 12,729.375" cubed...cubed b/c there are 3 measurements....it would be square if there were only 2, but that is for port area.:-)

1 cubic foot is 1,728 inches. so to find the CUBIC feet of the internal dimensions we divide 12,729.375 by 1,728....and get 7.366 cubes.

The internal cubic feet of the enclosure is 7.3 cubes:-)

4. 37.50 sq" vent x 16" long

the 37.50 square inches(b/c it is 2 dimensions multiplied together) is say 3" wide...and 12.5" high. so you take 12.5" x 3" and get 37.50", which is the PORTS AREA.... the 16" is how long(deep) the PORT must be in compliance to the BOX's cubic feet to get the 40hz tune.

if the box was larger...the port would need to be SHORTER to maintain the same tune.

see how this box is 3 cubic feet and has 34"sq.in. of port area and the port is 29" long to get a 30hz tune.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=38&Eh=14&Dia=6&Xmax=22&Vd= .16&NumW=1&Vb=3&Fb=30&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

now this box has 7 cubic feet and has 34"sq.in. of port area and the port is 9: long to get a 30hz tune.:-)

WHEW!!!!!!!

that was a LOT of typing.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5897
Ok...i will give this a try.

1. to acquire a certain tune, ANY tune...is based on how MUCH port area you have and how LONG the port is. get a box...find how big it is.... then find how much port area there is(opening of the
port width and height) then hit the calculate button, and it will spit out a PORT LENGTH or DEPTH to Acheive the desired tune.:-)

2. the mouting depth is measured from the back of the MOUNTING ring on the sub...to the tip of the subs back plate. 6 7/16" = 6 inches, and a 7/16th of an inch. so you would take 7 divided by 16 and get .4375, then you would add that to the original 6 inches to get 6.4375 inches for the subs mounting depth.:-)

3. the volume of the box is the Length(Depth) muliplyed by the Width mulitplyed by the Height of the inside of the box. TO get these inside measure ments...you take each of the outside ones and subtract 1-1/2" from each...3/4" MDF on both sides gets that number. or 1.5" from each to make it into a decimal. after you have multiplied each number together you get a really large number.

lets say you have a box that is 38"(L) x 24"(W) x 17"(H)

you will take 1.5" from each measurement to account for the thickness of the wood on BOTH sides of the box... 3/4" + 3/4" = 1/5" :-)

so now we have 36.5"(L) x 22.5"(W) x 15.5(H) for the internal measurements of the box.

which comes out to 12,729.375" cubed...cubed b/c there are 3 measurements....it would be square if there were only 2, but that is for port area.:-)

1 cubic foot is 1,728 inches. so to find the CUBIC feet of the internal dimensions we divide 12,729.375 by 1,728....and get 7.366 cubes.

The internal cubic feet of the enclosure is 7.3 cubes:-)

4. 37.50 sq" vent x 16" long

the 37.50 square inches(b/c it is 2 dimensions multiplied together) is say 3" wide...and 12.5" high. so you take 12.5" x 3" and get 37.50", which is the PORTS AREA.... the 16" is how long(deep) the PORT must be in compliance to the BOX's cubic feet to get the 40hz tune.

if the box was larger...the port would need to be SHORTER to maintain the same tune.

see how this box is 3 cubic feet and has 34"sq.in. of port area and the port is 29" long to get a 30hz tune.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=38&Eh=14&Dia=6&Xmax=22&Vd= .16&NumW=1&Vb=3&Fb=30&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

now this box has 7 cubic feet and has 34"sq.in. of port area and the port is 9: long to get a 30hz tune.:-)

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=38&Eh=14&Dia=6&Xmax=22&Vd= .16&NumW=1&Vb=7&Fb=30&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

WHEW!!!!!!!

that was a LOT of typing.:-)

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 436
I do n't know how can i thank u , You helped me alot and u still giving me alot of helps .

Thank u very much .

MuDDy , what is your Box 4 your 2510 . is it 40Hz .

And if u have any opinions about building my box for 2512 . I would do it for sure ..

Thanks again .. i understood many things ..

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 437
HEEEEEEEEEY MuDDy you put that thread @ your Profile ,

Its better to be longest thread than being the funny thread .. heheheee

The one who turn the Gain us , he is really happy to do 1000DC he thought its 1000RMS HEHEHE

Thanks , and i saw your Box .,.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 438
HEEEEEEEEEY MuDDy you put that thread @ your Profile ,

Its better to be longest thread than being the funny thread .. heheheee

The one who turn the Gain up , he is really happy to do 1000DC he thought its 1000RMS HEHEHE

Thanks , and i saw your Box .,.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 439
sorry i just wanna to edit (Gain UP)

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 358
Daaammmnnn Muddy!Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 154
hey muddy, that 7 cube box you just posted, is that the box night mirage is trying to build? if so, he is looking for a 40hz tune...

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 440
yes and no

Yes i'm going to tune 40Hz
No i'm not going to do 7cube , its an example .

Thank u 4 looking

Gold Member

Post Number: 5899
the box for my 2510 is 1.7 cubes before port and sub displacement....and 1.5 after.

i have a 2"(W) x 10.5"(H) port = 21" sq.in. and my port is ~16" long.

here is the one the guy who builtmy box used from DD

1.50^ft-(1) 10" subwoofer-22.50 sq" vent x 16" long-tunes to 40Hz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us