LOL Muddy where u at dawg??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1735
Sup Muddy, haha ya i know i bug lol, wut do u think bout this box for a 12" FI Q??

http://subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=34&Eh=16&Dia=6&Xmax=27&Vd=.16& NumW=1&Vb=2.25&Fb=31.75&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Ya or naw?? Thanx.... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5878
check out mine
i think my port will bel ouder:-):-):-) i have no idea man

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=38&Eh=14&Dia=6&Xmax=22&Vd= .16&NumW=1&Vb=2.2&Fb=30&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1738
tight, isnt ur xmax a lil off?? Damn mine has all kindsa fu*kin port walls and urs just has 1 long azz 1, thats not fair lol......

Gold Member

Post Number: 5880
my xmax is off b/c you REALLY don't need 20.94 sq.in. of port per cube for a 12" sub. lol

let alone one that will be taking ~1000wRMS...

AND "they" say, although i don't know who "they" are, that the higher the tune....the more port area....so the lower...the less that is needed...otherwise to much port area with a low low tune will take on the characetristics of playing "free-air":-( :-)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1742
o damn so does that mean i should use less port area??

Could i just pvc port it, do u think it will be enough port?? Thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 5898
i would shoot anywhere from 12-16 sq.in. of port for daily driving applications.

SPL warrants a little more, but it all depends on the sub and the tune in question.:-)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1743
How do i measure the area of a pvc port?Thanx..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5905
4" = 12.5 sq.in.

6" = 18.8 sq.in.

so if you multiples of 4 or 6....just double or triple or quadruple those numbers.:-)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1744
kool thanx so then ima try my homemade 4.25" wide flared port...... :-)

Im too lazy to put all those port walls in lol.

BTW how do u think that sub would sound sealed??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1745
Not as loud but the sq would sound amazing right?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1746
O you know the calculator at the12volt.com, where u type in the info for the porth length, it tells you to input the volume of the box, so after it tells you how long to do the port, does it expect you to add the port volume also afterwards and that will give you the tuning, or is that the tuning with the port in there with the box volume, but that would make the box volume smaller, lol i dont know im confused....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1747
Never mind all that i think i got it figured out, i just need to get the volume of my port could i have ur help, or anyone elses?? Ok i need to find the volume of my port in cuft my port is: 4.25"wide X 14.25"long

Gold Member

Post Number: 5907
yes, the sub would have the flattest curve possible resulting in thebest SQ in the sealed box. also, some people think subs sounds more transparent in a sealed box...like less of a boomy bass and more natural and blended with the music.:-)but is isn't as loud as a ported, sooooo w/e you want man.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1751
lol thanx, well i def want ported but one of these days i might just try sealed just to see how it sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us