Polyfill question!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Pearlwhite94

Post Number: 3
i bought a pair of subs for my truck, later to notice they sounded horrible. After many days and many checkups i came to the conclusion that i needed more air space then wat i had. since its a truck i used the skinny bos that goes under the seat. it has about .70 sqft and the subs require 1.25 sqft to operate well. the guy that sold them to me said to try putting some polyfill inside the box to increase airspace but i hesitated since it seems odd to me. does this really work or is it bolony. any help is appreciated!!!

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 658
it does make the driver act like its in a bigger box.. besides what is a couple of bucks to attempt to make your system sound better? if it doesn't help not like you lost much.

Post Number: 4
so in your opinion plyfill is a definate must try? i know this guy that told me this probably wants me to be happy with the subs so i dont return them but i had my doubts. but since ive gotten alot of help from this forum i thoguht i should try it here first. plus ur right i wont loose much and id really like to use my subs since i burned 175 on them.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 488
yeait will make them sound alot better

Post Number: 7
well im off to walmart to get some thanks alot guys!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 409
Yeah try the polyfill but I donno how good your expecting them to sound but try not to expect to much when you only droped $175 on them. Alot of us will spend a couple thousand and still not be fully satisfied. What kind of subs are they if you dont mind me asking?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5431
don't over stuff it. it don't sound good when you over stuff it.

"Alot of us will spend a couple thousand and still not be fully satisfied. What kind of subs are they if you dont mind me asking?"

i know what you mean man. damn.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1058
yeah id like to know wht kind of subs to and yeah, i heart spending MONEY on bass

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5434
music just isn't music unless you have brain pounding bass in your car.

Post Number: 8
they are the infinity 1252s i tryed to match the wattage to my a8002t as much as i could, when i bought them i was not making very much money so i was on a terribly tight budget. 175 seemed like fortune to spend on subs. i was reading some other forums and i heard some one hit 145db, wow thats awsome. i know mine wont sound anywere near but i guess for now its ok. although i would love to have something like that if anyone can recomend a setup for me thats maybe not a couple thousand but still sounds loud. i share ur brain thumping obsession but little moneyu means little bass. so recommendations fro a new setup are welcomed and thanks for the polyfill help!!

Post Number: 10
i would love to have a heart thumping system in my truck if anyone has any sub adn amp suggestions. i would like something that hits really hard. something worth putting in a sound competition. thanks for any help with this guys. and thanks for the help with polyfill.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1346
does ur truck have a cab or back seats? ur gunna need a lot of space for a box if you want a brain pounding sub. like 3 - 4 cu feet if its ported box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
my truck is extended cab, i have currently a bench seat i can take out adn replace it with two small side seats. space is no problem just tell me some good subs nad amps. thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 661
if your willing to sacrifice your whole ext cab section you could put two 15s in there.. trucks gain very well because of the shape and small cabin so you can put up big numbers with the right equipment and install.. whats your budget

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
well this project will be something to save up for, ill probably buy one thing at a time. as long as i dont have a sound system of 1g or more in my truck i feel safe. i would rather have 12 inch subs if possible. i have a nice 4gauge wire i can work with but iam currently a ride for lots of people so i need some space in teh back of my truck.i need atleast those two small seats. i have roughly 3 ft of space in between them. thanks for any suggestions anyone can give me on subs and an amp!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
plz help me put some nice amps and subs together! thanks everyone !!!1

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 124
What kind of truck is it? So, we get a better of idea of space. You may be able to use the subs you already have and just put them in a vented box made to specs. That would make all the difference in the world.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us