My system (for now) {video}

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 359
The box is a little dirty, from the sealant.

It's 1 1/4" MDF @ 3.68 cu. ft. (1.84 per chamber) sealed.

2 - 15" Eclipse 88150.4

Hifonics TX1005D

Lightning Audio Strike Capacitor (their high end cap, which actually holds its own extremely well)

I don't have any rear speakers, so all you'll hear is the bass distort the tiny mic in my camera. You couldn't hear them inside the car with the subs on, so I traded them for the cash :-)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4264405425029835420

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1057
those are movin pretty good for 1000 watts, do you have a HO alt? cuz i see your staying at 14 volts

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 361
Actually they're wired at 2 ohm, because the subs are SVC 4 ohms each, so they're getting between 600-700.

Not sure on the alt. The previous owner of the car might have put one in.. but I haven't.

Anyway for me to check?

Bronze Member
Username: Subwoofaz_rock

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 92
sounds like the cops are after ya lol

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1068
ummm, look at the alternator and see if theres a tag on it, like maybe one that has a rating or even if the alt doesnt have anything resembling your car companys name like toyota or whatever, then yeah its prolly HO but 6-700 might not drop it but its running at 14 volts which is wierd for stock but idk

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1341
14 isnt weird for stock.

my car runs at 14.5 in park, and i turned up the sysetm while testing before, and it stayed above 14 at higher volumes.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 365
haha, the cops are always going on and on after the innocent here in west saint paul :-) that's what ya hear in the background.

I drive a 1991 honda accord ex, f22a1 2.2L with a 5 speed.. I guess we'll know for sure if the alt. is stock when I get un-lazy and scope out those tags on the alt.

I want to get a bigger amp, I just got a new box and I'm about to carpet it, use those t-nuts everyone has been talking about and throw it in the car. After that I'm gonna be on the hunt for a new amp. I was thinking something with a fully regulated power supply, 1000-1200 RMS at all impediances.

budget is as little as possible without sacrificing quality. Can't spend more than $300, will buy used and from ebay! :-)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 387
Wow.. I really thought people would be more interested in seeing 2 15" Eclipse's run off of a 700 watt rms amp.. I'd be interested just because I know how efficient they are :-)

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1104
300$ for a an amp like that is gonna be tough to come by, at least ive never seen it that cheap

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1707
going at $225 right now, maybe you can have him end the auction early:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-XENON-1200-1-WATT-SUBWOOFER-AMP_W0QQitemZ230027 233793QQihZ013QQcategoryZ79820QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us