Woofer noise?

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 81
ok, my box is ported and tuned at about 40hz, when i turn it up, i can hear some woofer noise, could this be potentially damaging to my subs?not the noise but the fact that the subs are moving so much? do you think if i went with a sealed box there wouldnt be as much woofer noise and it would also be easier on the subs, allowing me to turn it up higher? if anyone knows what i mean...ive had dealers say that my subs can handle 500 watts each and ive got them getting 300 each, i dont really understand how this is possible if they are moving too much with only 300 watts

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 76
what do you mean by woofer noise? like the sub bottoming out or port noise?

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 671
yea, what do you mean...all woofers make noise, thats whats there posta do lol.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2160
need more info, like what kind of noise is it, sounds to like the sub is bottoming out or you have lead slap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
yeah like a bottoming out sound, you cant notice it from inside the car but you can hear it when you open up the trunk and stick ur head inside

Bronze Member
Username: Bump05

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 25
blown. or not screwed in tight lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
nooo they work fine, its just when i turn em up real loud i get some noice like whent he sub goes forward real fastand then back real fast it makes a little kinda slap noise, you dont notice it unless you listen for it

Bronze Member
Username: Bump05

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 28
sounds like you got a slappin issue..i dunno what to do about that.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2167
im pretty sure its the sub bottoming out, the only way to stop this is to turn down the volume, or maybe if you tune the box lower would help also.

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 81
or try turning your amps gain and/or bass boost down. are all your screws tight? i had a similar problem when the screw holes starting tearing apart and let the woofer beat against the box, making almost a clicking sound. try some stuff.

Username: He2

Post Number: 2
please help, I have a soundstream xta 880.2 hook up 2 10" he2 sub. Amp at 440rms x 2 @ 2ohm and sub at 400rms @ 2ohm each. Amp have gain min/max. No number on it. Can some one show me how to adjust the gain and bass eq and what "hz" should I leave it at on my amp to make it sound loud and deep low bass with out blowing anything up? Which is the best deep and loud low bass "under 100hz or over 100hz". And which way should I face my sub box in a honda crx hatchback? I like LOUD, DEEP LOW BASS? Thanks to anyone who could help me.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4724
one of my friend has a same problem with his L7. his is in a sealed box so i know it has nothing to do with the tuning. i think the sub itself is bad.

try pushing down on the rim of the sub to make it tight against the box while you have the system on. if it still makes that sound then something is obviously loose inside.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us