Ported box...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 620
ok so my cvr's are sealed and im going ported with a blow through design in my 87s10 reg cab. someone on here told me to port them between 1.5cuft and 1.75cuft to about 35HZ, but then i heard someone say they got the best sound from 32.75... so i figured im gunna tune the box to 32hz, now i want to build two ports: question 1-what should i tune the other port to? i want spl but with some sq...question 2-how would i make a interchangable port for my box, i want to use pvc to make the port instead of slot design. and lastly will it sufice to make my box around 1.75 and jsut put the port in and sub hoping that would bring me somewhere around 1.5cut after displacements...?thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2156
i think i was the one that said to port to 35hz, not sure anyway when you put the box in the car the box will tune lower, like if the box is tuned to 35hz in car it will probally be around 33hz, and why do want to make 2 ports are you gonna compete, if so make the second port tuned a lot higher in the mid 40hz range to get max spl, while retaining some sq, and yes you want to make the box a little big, since the sub and port will take up space. im not sure on how to make interchangle ports.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 621
thanx dustin...well i jsut wanted to do the interchangable port incase i decided i wanted to bump my system alittle louder once in a while...but ya im gunna tune it to around 32-35hz...should that be pretty loud, or should i go higher for everyday...? * does anyone know about the interchangeble ports, or just how to attach a port (pvc) to a box, ive only built sealed box's b4...

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2158
ya 32-35hz tune for daily driving should be excellent.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 623
thanx alot jsuting...i might not even go with the interchangeble ports, i most likely wont be competing, jsut wanted to have the option to chnage but i guess i could always just take the port out and cut it down or put in a longer one if i want change, but do u know how to attach the port to the box, is there like a site i could find out how to do it...like i said earlier ive only ever built sealed box's

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 624
aanyone?

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 437
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 625
thanx but i wanna build a pvc port i know how to calc dimensions and all that i just need to know how to attach the pvc port to the box...

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2159
well when i used pvc pipe on a pos box i made i just cut a hole in the box stuck the pipe in and put liquid nails around the pipe on the inside and outside and it holds pretty well, but looks like crap, i've seen pics of areo ports, the ones with the flared ends, where they have little ring looking things around the outside edge and ppl just put screws through them to hold it to the box, hope that helps.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 627
thanx dustin i was thinkin of doing something like that, cuz i know u can get fittings to go on the end of the pvc pipe that will make it flared and i could jsut used that to srew it down i was jsut seing if ppl used other methods,,,thanx for all the help

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2170
NP make sure to post pics when done.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 628
will do should be gettin my new box for the truck in a couple weeks and thats when i will do the cut through...
for now have u seen my current set up?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2403522

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2171
looks nice, your gonna do a lot of stuff to it, your "to do" list should make that truck look very nice, but its gonna be a lot of work. i also like the tube things your gonna put the speaks in looks pretty interresting.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 631
thanx alot ya i plan on doing alot to it...but most will have to wait till next summer cuz it snows alot here in the winter so i got another couple months of warm weather then it gets pretty cool, so ill prob only get to stuff like head lights(done) tailights, maybe paint it, got it all primered rite now except for box cuz im getting a new one...but ya cant wait till i got it all done its gunna be a long project which will prob never end...

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 129
ok well I am also building a box with PVC ports and I plan on having interchanglable ports as well. What I plan on doing is having an extra piece of MDF and then just liquid nail the port to that and have some t nuts in the box so all I have to do is unscrew the piece of MDF that is attached to the box

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2174
^nice idea, ya it'll be a lot of work but once your done it will be well worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us