How should L7 be wired

Bronze Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 84
how should a 15" L7 be wired to a memphis pr1000.1, series w/ the gain up or parallel?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4710
use a digital multimeter to match the gain to your hu preout voltage. also is your sub a dual 2ohm or dual 4 ohm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
dual 2 ohm

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4712
that amp is 1 ohm stable so connecting the sub parallel would work. that setup should pound hard. it won't have the best sq but it will be loud as hell.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
thats what i thought, but they tried that and then i guess the amp wasnt working or something so i think they switched it to series and turned the gain on the amp up. they said itd be more efficient. what do you recommend

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4713
i think whoever told you that is full of sh!t cause that amp is only 300 wrms at 4ohms. if they think they can compensate the less power by turning the gain up then i think its time you go to a different stereo place.

that amp should perform well at 1ohm. if you got the amp there then you should have them replace it or give you your money back so you can go buy it at a different place.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
nah i got it off of woofersetc.com but i got it installed there. I think i might go to a different place and have them wire it in parallel.

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 71
why pay for someone else to wire it in parallel when you can do it yourself? find some wiring guides and mess around with it. see what sounds good to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us