Local shop idiots

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 396
Once agian, a local shop has proven to me that complete and useless idiots to exsist. This morning I was at a local car audio shop and the employee began a conversation with me and I told him about the IDSPLs in my brothers car. He asked what type of cone it had and he laughed at me when I said paper. I asked him why and he said any paper cone sub is complete junk. I was surprised he would say such a thing but he kept telling me how they break in a year and they sound like crap and they have nothing on aluminum based cones. (he was trying to sell me a ti pro). I then told him that my car had world records on paper cones but he still tried to argue with me so i just walked out. I really feel like tomorow i should drive by with my buick and show him what paper cone subs are all about. I was just so frustrated with that guy today i thought i would type this up and see what the rest of you think.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos13

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 154
ya thats why i dont trust shops with my sh!!t id rather do it myself. BUt you should drive up there and show his aZZ lol make him sit in your car and bump it LOUD and shake his store apart lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4464
you should tell him that aluminum cones may be more rigid. and that is about it. to reduce cone flex.

TELL HIM to go find a PURE SQ sub that uses anything other than paper:-) except for TC sounds.lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4465
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

that makes me so mad!!!!! lol

what an idiot!!!!!

"paper cone subs are complete junk"

F*CKING SHOW HIM SOME DD'S
and Atomics
and Treo's

whata dumbasssssssssssssssssssssss

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1099
well just drive ur car up there an show him whuts good

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 115
give me that address,I'll talk to this m....r!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11542
first of all, the Ti isn't an aluminum cone.
second of all, I have treated paper cone twelves from 1989 with the original cones, and foam surrounds, that are stilla s good as new, and still work splendidly. Paper cones aren't as rigid as aluminum, but they are far, far more efficient due to the lower moving mass.
That salesman has been brainwashed by product literature and training seminars by the manufacturers, and hasn't spent enough time learning the reality of the products.

He needs to get out more.
This is why you're better off dealing with installers, and not sales people.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1665
And that is why I pick out all my stuff, and then have them install it for me, to my specifications :D...

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 37
yea some shops dont kno what there talking about
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us