OT-Painting brake calipers???

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8582
Just wondering if any of u guys have painted ur brake caliper's???

If so what kind of paint???

How long did it take???

Are u happy with the results..lol???

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1391
i know a few kids that have. ill try and find out some info as soon as i can.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 619
chauncey i painted the calipers on my probegt and it worked it great, my car was purple so i painted them lime green, it looked great and u could see them from about 40-50feet away, i didnt have chrom rims like yours i had gun metal, but they look much better on chrome rims because of the reflection, i used a specefic caliper paint that i got @ canadian tire ( canadian version of autozone basically) and it took me about a day but that was cleaning the rust of them masking the wheel well and painting them with two coats plus drying...but its well worth the time...hope that helps...ps u could jsut use a high heat engine enemal if u cant find the caliper paint

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8584
nice....thanx for the info

any more would be Appreciated!!!

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 381
duplicolor makes paint specifically for calipers.. painting them does not take long just make sure you clean the calipers with some brakes cleaner.. carb cleaner works even. before you paint it make sure any dirt or oil is off the surface. as far as results. you'd never think having them painted would make such a difference

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 797
Make sure you dont get paint on the brake discs, as it could contaminate the pads.Also using a wire wheel on a drill will clean the calibers nicely. Use brake cleaner spay after wire brushing to remove dirt, rust. Mask disks, paint, let dry, then spay disks w/cleaner to remove tape residue. Blue painters tape works well. comes off clean. And yes, they make paint just for the calibers, but I have used engine paint without problems. Post pics when done. Have fun.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11544
go to autozone or pep boys
get high temperature brake caliper paint
remove calipers from rotors, mask off, and paint.

easy as that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us