My NEW install L00k!!!

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1172
My main goals of this project were to go with a louder system, but use all the same equipment, and keep space in the trunk. I came up with making a ported box for my arsenal (12"), and mounting the amps flush with the trunk floor. HERE IS HOW I DID IT:
Upload
i started by clearing everything out of my trunk and covering it all with edead Vse1 or somethin like that.
Upload
then i put some edead v3 on the rear deck. you can see some of the metal i had to cut to fit the box in .

Upload
a bunch of the old wires just sittin there. i got a raised piece of wood to hold my amps on which is bolted to the chasis.
Upload
Upload
the actually floor of the trunk after i cut out the amp trays.
Upload
test fitting it... i had to take it out, cut off a little, and put it back many times to perfection but finally got it.
Upload
WALLLA! test fitting the amps, its a fit!
Upload
got everything all wired up, nice and neat!
Upload
these are the right and left side panels of the floor after i carpeted them... 1 big piece wouldn't have fit thru the trunk opening so i had to go with a big center piece, and 2 small side pieces.
Upload
Upload
turned out nicely!
Upload
Upload
The final product. Its so loud and exactly what i was looking for. before this when i had a sealed box, i would turn up the volume to full blast sometimes and it wouldnt hurt, but now i dont EVER have to go that far. when i get close, it really hurts. pretty much what im saying here is IM VERY HAPPY AND PROUD. not bad for a 16 year old workin alone eh??

Tell me what you think

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 449
NOOOOIIIIICCCEEEE!!!

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1490
That looks really good man. And clean. I like alot. Howz that Arsenal?? Im thinkin of gettin 2 but not sure.

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1173
DO IT! port them! port them low. mine is tuned to 35hz but if you got 2 12's i would port them tuned to 32hz, if 15's tune to 28hz. you wont regret it.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1491
Kool thanx fo tha advice man. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 70
Nice.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4374
looks very very very very very very nice man!!!

good work!!!

i wouldlove a custom amp rack in ma car....but i am just not motivated. lol

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1098
that just motivated me to do something to my trunk like now........i love it that looks real real good great job

Silver Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 120
killerz i am feeling u on that...thats makes me definately put the time into doing something like that

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4681
that looks awesome man. you sure you did it alone? it looks like a professional job there. damn that looks awesome.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 308
16 and you did that? GREAT JOB...Very professionall looking.

Silver Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 121
how long did this install take you...and what kind of car do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 205
Clean,easy, great looking install.

Nice work!

Bronze Member
Username: Volsrule2069

Post Number: 100
what kind of amps are those?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8797
i like it alot - U DID A GR8 JOB !!!!!!

also makes me wanna go make mine a showpiece but heck im always changing up box designs & soon 2 do over everything wit new stuff coz i wanna enter some comps in upcoming wks .....

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 547
thats like the exact thing i want to do. hide everything and make it look nice

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8524
nicehandclap.gif

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 228
How do you like the edead stuff...i was thinking about getting some...do you any good?

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1471
dude i like that. it's very clean and looks great. i bet it sounds killer too. great job!

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 559
That looks great man

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1176
thanks for all the feedback. yes i did it all alone. the box took me about 3 days overall start to finish but it was only about 6 hours in those 3 days. the custom trunk job took about a week but some days didnt get to work on it. still took a while, probably about 10 hours for everything. the payoff is great tho. i acidentally built the box 1 1/2 inches too big by a stupid mistake so i ended up having to cut some metal to make it fit. i like the edead, it works well. i actually have a full roll left and almost a full gallon on the v3 liquid stuff. i may want to sell it because i bought way to much. then again i may want to do the doors but im not really motivated to do that so i might just sell it for cheap.

heres a link to my old thread so you can see my car and the previous install.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/213278.html

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1501
i must say i shi*ted my self wen i saw tht
LOOKS F*CKIN BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bro u motivated me to make my system look badass
its so clean....

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 230
Damn Matt, those are your first two installs? wow....im speachless, if my first install looks 1/4 as good as either of those im gonna be so happy, those both look amazing and clean...

do you have some kind of experience before this? or did u just sorta research and bamb it happend haha

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 555
dude that its really badass

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1376
i like it man.

nice work keeping it very clean and even keeping the wires under the wood clean.

have you thought about making custom pannels over the front of the box, so the box looks like it fits in the back. it really adds alot more of a custom look to me rather than just a normal box shape. if you have any questions on how to make them or whatever my AIM is jakeyplaysbass26. ive done pannels in 4 or 5 differnet cars using vinyl, carpet, or fiberglass/paint(would not suggest the fiberglass takes forever and can get really hard).

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1177
well i just take my time and i also have a lot of it.. from being grounded and all. my first install wasnt TOO great. i never bolted that amp rack down and i hit a corner goin a lil too fast and it flipped and broke so that sucks. i dont have any experience either i just read up on stuff a lot and plan ahead of time how i plan to do everything.

i still need to take and post pics of my new alt, big 3, and new headunit

and once again, thanks for all the great feedback. at least you all know how great it really looks compared to the poeple i show in person who dont know sh1t bout car audio and all they say is "oh thats cool" pshhhhhhh

Bronze Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 23
dude ur my freakin idol...lol. im doing a similar install... im puting 1 amp long ways in my floor. and puting plexi glass over it. ill post pics when im dun

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1856
no comments..... too much for me lol!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us