OT-- Door Panels

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 220
Sorry, there really isnt anything but Hi-fi on this forum so i didnt know where else to post this...anyway

for all the install guru's out there who might have a solution

I was trying to pull of my doorpanels on my 1999 Mercury Sable...and for some reason, i can get all the clips off, as well as the screws but when i get the the area in the upper left, where the lock comes through the door, it gets stuck, there was no screw and no clip, but it was sort of caught....i couldnt reach the door panel up over the lock at all, even it the lock was down, also...the handle kinda seemed like it was in the way a little bit too. any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 77
ok...well I actually changed the door on my sable so I kinda know what ur talking about....umm ill start w/ what i think i know...the handle...behind it should b a piece of plastic that is there....that piece actually pops out...i would suggest using a screwdriver or something....but be careful not to crack it (did it already on the old door panel i didnt need thankfully lol) but w/e is stuck in the upper left I really cant come up with anything because u said u took out the screw that goes down in the little handle thing right? maybe that one clip is just allittle stronger than the rest....hope this helps allittle

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
adam...saving the day today...haha i know that plastic peace ur talking about and it looking wierd, i think that was what was holing the door from being able to push upward, so i could get it over the lock which was in the left corner (this is back doors) thanks man!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
hey i was just looking at it....im on the back right door.... which way should i hit that little black piece in the back....because its shaped erally strange...each way looks like it snapped....should i try and pry it from the top....bottom...left or right?

Bronze Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 79
umm.....wow it was a while since i changed my door and i dont exaclty remember but I would do from the left or right w/e u can get at easier or what would really b best would be if u can get ur hand behind the panel when u get most of the clips off and try to push it out from the backside.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us