F whoever made the 1999 Mercury Sable

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 205
haha i hate my car. So if anyone has read a couple of my posts, pretty much the car doesnt accept anything. I can't use a dash kit because i have electronic controls and not knobs so i cant put in a new head unit. So my solution to that was keeping the factory head unit and using an LC6 or some other line output converter. The only problem is that now, i just learned that since i have the upgraded mach audio system, that it doesnt have "a full range of sound." so my new questions are:

What does that mean it doesnt have a full range of sound? Like i understand it doesnt hit the extreme his or exterme lows, but mechanically what does that mean, like is it in the deck, the deck doesnt send them....and can i just bypass that?

and

Any ideas on how to get a system in this god forsaken car...haha

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11516
sable = taurus = ford.
they do suck balls.

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
haha, thanks i know...too bad i didnt know that before i bought my arsenals and my ed nine.1

im thinking about just leaving the stock system and then installing my own system around the stock. like installing speakers in the doors where there is nothing....how hard is that to do? make your own door insterts for speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 59
I think a solution would be to custom mount your headunit somewhere. Maybe your glove compartment. You would lose the space but it will be a fun fiberglass project. Another pro to this would be if someone looked in your vehicle all they would see is the stock stuff.

Do you have a pic of your dash? There has to be somewhere to mount it. Will require extra work though. And Yea it's up to you but you seem to hate your car anyways so yea take some time and sketch up some plans. Then take a sawzall to the metal and mount you some nice components. If you take your time you can make it look factory.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 490
Why dont you sell it and buy something else?

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 476
Try this i had to do it w/ my system b/c polo told me the BOSE have a cutoff freq. too so that it doesnt damage the stock speakrs. My blocker was more like a hp/lp filter. So when i hookd up the LOC it dint cut off any freq. b/ckuz i got a sweep that played 20hz-60hz and it all played. So aparently the blocker was bypassed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Jordan can you explain that again, that didnt really make any sence to me, whats a blocker? and a hp/lp filter? and a sweep? sorry i dont understand those four terms... and ill try to get a dash pic up

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1585
look mike get a high output alternator ford had alot of problems wiht electrical systems for exam[ple ford 1998 f-150 most ofthem have the problem that the power wire its to thin and sometimes its difficult to start the car, get ahight output alternaor, or do the big tree, maybe u voltage drops low as hell that makes u car electrical system not to receive enough power to keep up, plus get a jl audio clean sweep and put it in your system witout replacing your in dash radio, if u want to replace ur radio u have to go to ebay or crutchfield and order a taurus/sable adapter that will cost u 50-100 bucks

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car009xw7.jpg

and

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car006qj9.jpg

and

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car013lu7.jpg

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1586
here this thing will fit your needs very well

http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOFD134030B and only 99

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 334
wtf mike thats the weirdest radio ive seen lol look on cardomain for that car some of them have aftermarket stewreos just tell them how they did it im sure theyll be much more help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
thanks lil rob, but unfortunatly that doesnt fit my car because if you look on the dash kit that you sent over it has the knobs for controls. Those knobs are not on my dash if you look in my pictures...in place i have the electronic controls for my airconditioning. Unfortunatly, this makes it so i can not put in a dash kit. Thanks anyway though it was a good effort.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1587
well kkeep lookin thats why people made the internet, go to ebay, cardomain crutchfield or someting like that if u cant fingd it u will need to add extra receiver somewhere else or u can buy a vdv player the ones u can hide and buy a rf modulator so u can pass the audio signal tru your original thing, but u can buy the jl clean sweep that will be the best for you it has a n extra set of inputs auxiliary so u can connect an extra cd changer or a cd player receiver

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
doesnt the cleansweep require a CD player...i have a tape player...

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 133
might cost out of the azz but you could do something custom

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
haha, cost outtta the azz....the story of my damn life....damn this car...haha....

btw, i still love the car, cuz it drives, and the stock system is actually really nice for stock...but the damn this wont lemme fiddle with it

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
how hard is it to put in my own speakers...like in a door like this::

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car014yd3.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
bump actoin

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Lil Rob....have u ever heard of anyone that used the cleansweep? i just talked to a local audio store and they said that they've never seen it work

Bronze Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 74
mike.....I have a mercury sable with the roatary knobs. I am not 100% sure but U might be able to go to the junk yard or something and pick up the radio with the rotarty knobs and then buy the install kit and install them......it wont be electronic controls but it might work. im not 100% sure but I dont really see too much of a reason that it wouldnt.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 147
glass wolf makes a rare appearance... niec to see you around

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
Adam...thought simple...prolly the most brilliant idea yet...i did not even think about that, i dont see why that wont work, thanks man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
yep no problem....i know what u mean about the sable thing it was the biggest pain in the as$ to have to run wires from the trunk just for the head unit...but w/e its in now and thats all that matters

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
for u...hahaha..

right now my idea is to actually run a completely seperate system, and leave the dash in how it is...not sure where the head unit is going to go yet.... but since the rear speakers of the car are behind the seats, i think what im goign to do is cut holes for speakers, and the front speakers there is room for a 5 1/4 speakers i think, i donno yet but im looking into it, but i think thats what im going to do, and that way i can have both...haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
ha...well good luck with w/e u do..if you need any other help w/ the car I can do my best to try and help cause ive screwed around w/ mine enough

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
haha thanks man "looks at other post...haha i got a bundle of questions"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us