Whats a good SQ sub that fits in my design?

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 36
So i am planning on installing a 10" good sq sub in my rear deck and have a friend make a fiberglas "box" for it. Thus the enclosure will not be very big, not sure on actual displacement maybe like .2cuft (too small?).

The sub has to be 4Ohms and be around 300wrms. Nothin too expencive around $100 would be perfect, i just want something to fill out the cabin.

I have a eclipse Ti 9102 at about 600watts for all the power i want but i am thinking of having the additional 10" for quality fill through out the cabin.

One last quick question, because this sub will be in the sunlight and i havent gotten my tint installed yet do you think that it will be fine if i just put a grill on there that is black acoustic fabric?

Thanks a ton for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4301
check out Image Dynamics.

there ID and IDQ drivers work well in very small sealed enc.
i am not sure on the ohm config. though.

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 198
ascendant audio assasin.... that would fit you nice, and even cheaper than what ur looking at....

www.ascendantaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
I like the idea of that Assasin however i have reservations on how it will work in such a small enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 202
still should work pretty well, i could be wrong but seems like it would be okay to me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
So what happens if a sub is put into a too small of an enclosure? the bass just get really tight and not very deep?

Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2145
ya if a sub is in too small of box the bass gets really tight, and accurate, great for rock with bass gutair and kick bass, but bad for rap, just add as much polyfill as possible to the box this will make the sub act as if its in a bigger box. in this case i would go with 8's, since i don't think you'll have enough room for the 10's to reach their full potential.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us