BLOW OUT WINDOWS?

Bronze Member
Username: Kirkendall45

Post Number: 13
hey, would 2 12inch mojos maxed out blow anyting out in the car or like break any windows?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4292
no.

it takes over 157.3295847393 DB's to blow out glass.:-O

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1820
dam thats a really exact number muddy

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 278
I have read somwhere that in a competeion one had hit 170 something DBs, didnt that break his car's glass??

Username: Jc01

Post Number: 10
it is not just spl that blows out glass you have to shoot out a frequency at high enough spl (db) that matches the natural frequency of the glass

for ex
if the glasses natural frequency is 120 Hz then you would have to fire a 120 Hz wave at sufficent volume to crack/shatter it this would be most easilly achived if your were doing a frequency sweep through your system and your glass was thin

also not all materal has a natural frequency (if i remember right)and the surrounding rubber and glue aroud the glass would dampen its vibrating/osccilating, and also what is to say that the natural frequency is in the bass rang

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 905
yeah your not gonna blow out you safety glass, it might rip the rubber and you could probably do that with a couple fifteens with a huge port

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 906
yeah your not gonna blow out you safety glass, it might rip the gasket and you could probably do that with a couple fifteens with a huge port

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 60
I heard a story once about a guy at a sonic drive through that broke all their windows. He has custom plexiglass or something in his vehicle. Probably a myth but a funny story.

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 205
a mojos wont break the glass...they mighty ment that the broke the widows gasket but not the glass....know what i mean?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8780
now y would ppl wanna blow out windows !? - do u want 2 spend $ replaceing it if its so easy 2 accomplish -lol .......

Bronze Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 82
theres a video on r o e of a window cracking really bad due to the pressure

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1096
yeah i saw 1 with sum guy with 24 re subs....B know him personally....it does crack the windsheild cuz of flexin but.... it aint blow the windows out....if sumthing can blow windows literaly out i wouldnt want to listen to it.....cuz the how could the car hold up...hmmm shouldnt the doors fly off too....the subwoofer jump out the enclousre
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us