AudioBAhn Amps

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 273
Hi gus, hows these amps are, do they put their rated power??

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 560
I got a A8002V for a CVX im waiint to try it out but the intake serise wont over heat so its an added bonus and for the price there great. Ebay has great buys.

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
No no, I just want to know that whether it puts out its rated power??

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
anyone???

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 374
No I've had two audiobahn amps and I'm gonna say each put out roughly 75-80% of there rated power. How much power are you looking at giving to your subs and what are they? I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 564
75-80 I honestly think its a tad higher then that but people tell me you dont even have to turn the dial on your amp up past 80% of the way to get max power out of your amp.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1292
"people tell me you dont even have to turn the dial on your amp up past 80% of the way to get max power out of your amp."

what does that mean??

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 157
He is talking about setting the gains I believe.

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 92
From what i seen on older posts a couple people had theirs benched and it put out the rated power. I had a A8002T it is stable at 4ohm mono and i had it running 2ohm mono it only shut off once. but that was when i drove for about 2 hours straight with it real loud. it got warm but not hot. it is a good budget amp IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 371
ya i had a audiobahn a8002v and a8002T i like both! great amps!

Bronze Member
Username: Snowblindace

Harrodsburg, Ky

Post Number: 31
I have an a8002t right now and it is more stable than what jesse d said mine is wired down to 1 ohm mono and it has neer shut off but i havent drove for 2 hours with it real loud either but it never gets hot or anything.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 459
The a8000t is rated at 800rms but only puts out 500 rms. They're over-rated. And build quality seems to be either hit or miss. I've sold over 50 Audiobahn amps in the last year half of them came right back for warranty because of failure, the others work just fine. They are cheap though, and when you get a good one they do perform well for the cost, but if you get a bad one, well...not really worth it.
Overall I'd probably look into other amps to buy.
For the cost, PowerAcoustik makes a more reliable amp that is even more affordable. Personally I like the SPL brand, which is made in the same factory. Thier class D amps are worth every penny.

Ok why am i goin on n on about cheap amps?....lol

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 331
zac have you tested the amp? and is there a possobility you benched it wrong? just saying since most people claim it puts out 800rms at 14 volts lol

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 463
Hi Tweaker, yes I've tested these and many other amps as well. I compete in car audio competitions and have had a good amount of experience testing amplifiers.
The reliabilty of these amplifiers were my biggest concern, not thier actual output.
That's the reason I gave them a bad review.

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
oh i see i was gonna get audioburn a8002t but i think im gonna bid on this rockford fosgate 800a2 since its more powerful and better build quality would last me longer have you ever tested these amps? they say that some put out like 1000rms+ i should be happy with it though i had friends who own these before

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2942
the a8000t does 810 @ 14.4 volts, 810 @ 13.4 and 790 @ 12 volts. Issac (very very smart person) and lil rob both have benched it and came out with the same numners. one of my friedns came out similar too. so they do the rated power

Anyone who has actually owned one would have to say that they are rated more than 500 watts, lol. they are very very powerful amps if any of you guys have heard the hooked to some nice subs, because they push them very well. They do put out the rated power, and anyone who owns one would knnow that it does more than 500 watts

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2943
the only downside to these amps are that they are class a/b amps, and their sq lacks a lil.

But they will def perform, and wont overheat unless you have it hidden under a seat where it doesnt get adiquette air circulation.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2139
how can an amp do the same power at 14.4volts and 13.4volts thats not regulated, not possible, and how does there sq lack, class AB amps have better "sq" than class d amps. that is if you belive amps affect the sq at all.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2944
because when you have an amp that does 800 watts and its a 2-channel, and an a/b its not efficient AT ALL. unlike the a8002t the a8000t is class D.

if it did a/b amps are only good for 25 - 600 watts IMO. because anything higher than that is usually used for subs. subs should be with a nice class D amp, not a/b for 800 watts. thats why their "inefficient"

and i meant 800 @ 13.4, my bad

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2945
there is also a birth sheet on this amp in some other forums. i dont know what they are. maybe do a search and it might pop up Aman

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 464
Yes, the Fosgate will be a MUCH!!! better amp.

Hey, bassman3, sorry brother but your sources are wrong, that amp is weak.
And let me guess, these guys who bench tested it used what?, a clamp meter set on peak hold? lol.

The amps do little more than a clean 500 watts.
Thats the god honest truth, sorry.

BTW, I've sold and installed many (50 or so?) of the 8002 and 8000's.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2946
that doesnt mean anything. i'm just sayin, that 2 gurus on this forum have benched this amp and said it does very close to 800 watts. i have seen a birthsheet from another forum showin what it did at 14.4 13 and 12. and they dont lie

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2947
talk to issac, he has ran several several tests on these amps.

why dont you put a birthsheet up

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 466
a birth sheet? from 2 gurus on this site? lol

A birthsheet only comes from one place and that is the factory in which it was made.

As for these guys testing equipment, I can guarantee "lilrob" doesnt have the equipment or knowledge to "properly" bench test an amplifier.

And Isacc, I doubt he has the equipment.

I'll ask again, how is it they tested the amps, what methods did they use, and what equipment did they use? You don't know do you, your just taking thier word for it.

Listen guy, I sell Audiobahn at my store, I wouldnt tell you guys it did less than its rated power unless it were true, that would just be bad business.

Audiobahn amplifiers flat out, are not good, especially this line. They are poorly built, have a history of failure, and don't perform, regardless of what a couple guys think on this forum.

As for the guru thing, I've been on this forum longer than anyone here. I remember when Glasswolf was a newbie, speaking of guru's that guy is pretty sharp, I remember when Jonathan came around as well who is pretty sharp himself....at any rate back to the amp...

So where is this "birth sheet" you saw on another forum? I'm callin bs on that one, don't confuse an owners manual for a birth sheet.

Again, your just goin to have to trust me on this, I don't know everything, not even close, but I know a little about car audio.

I'd have to say I've proved that a few times.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 480
ahhh finally .. someone else ... thank u zac .. ive been saying for weeks that the audiobahn amp was overrated cuz we sell them at the shop i work at too and weve had nothing but problems with them too ...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1740
this guys r dumb! get the bahn, i've seen it and is a very solid amp, you can benchtest it if you want, is going to put 800w+, for less than 150$ there's nothing better, the rockford is a good amp but if i can get the bahn for less than 150$ i'd go for it.

Aman, bassman3 is right, me too hehe, the amp puts the rated power, the guy who posted 500w rms he's liyng, maybe he benchtested it at 4 ohms or something like that, but at 2 ohms the a800v or T puts the rated power...

Mike is liying, if you don't know how to handle the gain, you can blow something!

Silver Member
Username: Kaos13

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 143
the abahn SUCKS PERIOD have any of you guys tested it like zac said? i remember isaac saying it puts out close supposebly but never said anything about testing it. and isaac never sold these amps he just had one and when you bench test an amp they dont give you a birthsheet LOL HAHAHA. i would rather take that fosgate or mtx over abahn anyday. Isaac and mike both sell these for a livning so they should now how can you argure with zac hes been in MANY competitons and won MANY titles everybody says it sucks escept for 2-3 people who never even tested it HAHAHA

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 145
And julio how can you take the audiobahn over the rockford HAHAHAHA shows how much you know anyone knows rockford is better than audiobahn and rockford is actualy underrated unlike some POS bahn these guys are funny not even worth arguing.....

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 125
Well I have an A-bahn and it works great. And puts out rated power (800 rms). If you guys say it doesnt, I guess A-bahn made mine better than everybody elses. Even thou I highly dought that. Bottom line is they are a great budget amp that puts out rated power.

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 126
Forgot to mention it is a A8002v.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2140
LOL this thread makes me chuckle, no offense to any1 but im sure zac knows more than every1 that posted on this thread combined. rockford and audiobahn shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence, rockford is 1000000000x better than a-burn.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 899
if you ask me audiobahn is closer to sh1t than an amplifier, ive seen one a8000 and it overheats all the time, i dont know bout the benching, but i am pretty sure isaac and rob know there sh1t so im not gonna argue with them

Bronze Member
Username: Moorezy

St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 41
lol ya it is funny because im sorry but some people can't afford a 500 dollar rockford amp that can do a job that a 150 dollar A8000T can do mind you it may not be the same quality but it gives you a bump that will make the girls giggle.. some people don't need the pricey equip to meet there needs... as long as it works... sounds half decent... and keeps the green in the wallet what can you say... If your not competing and just want something i say why not lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
im not an expert by any chance lol still deciding over audiobahn myself and i think ima grab one for the price hehe this is just common sense to me

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
But a guy on this forum , I forgot his name, suggested me to install pioneer subs, 400 wrms each and a AB amp which was something like 8000T.

So do those subs are also crap??? I mean they are o verrated??

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 467
Ok one more time for the retards,
AUDIOBAHN HAS A HIGH RATE OF FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!
ALSO, THEY DO NOT PUT OUT THIER RATED POWER, PERIOD.

And Juliob, don't call me dumb, you don't know me.

To the guys who've agreed about these amps being low quality thanks you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
one more thing about rockford and audiobahn in the same sentence... your right... they shouldn't be in same sentence just because they are two different price ranges...lol i hope the 500 dollar rockford beats the hell outa the audiobahn 150 dollar amp... again should make sense.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2141
ok well in that case go on ebay and look for a mtx 801d amp, i'd take mtx over a-burn anyday, the 801d is a very good budget amp, i've seen them go for $100 on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
used.. im talking brand new

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2143
still i'd take mtx over the a-burn, and why is every1 argueing about audioburn amps, i mean its audiobahn what do you except.

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
But a guy on this forum , I forgot his name, suggested me to install pioneer subs, 400 wrms each and a AB amp which was something like 8000T.

So do those subs are also crap??? I mean they are o verrated??

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 545
amam singh the pioneer premier i think its the 304 or 306 subs get loud they arnt the best subs dont have to much sq but for under 100 each they definatly get loud i heard some yesterday. if you want a budget 800rms amp get a pg x600.1 its over rated

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 641
wow, look how big this thread got when all he wanted to know is if the amps were any good...lol

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 468
So bassman3, juliob, isacc, and lilrob....I'm still waiting to see this birthsheet or at least how it was tested. anyone?.........anyone?

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 97
Zac, go sell some more audiobahn. You talk all this ish about them yet you sell them. Why sit on the fuccin INTERNET and nitpick every little fuccin thing. You said it yourself "Ok why am i goin on n on about cheap amps?....lol". so why are you? Every thread i've seen you in, you come off as just confrontational, and all you've proved to me, besides that you own a store, is that you are a stuck up, pompous as$.

Sorry rest of ya'll. I usually dont post things like this but i've seen this dude in here a couple different times and he just comes off wrong to me. theres a way to approach and explain things without being "Mr. know-it-all". I dont claim to know alot but from the little knowledge i do have, i try to help out people on this forum as much as possible. After all that is what this forum is really about. not proving how much you know.

GAME OVER.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 148
Then why even post here^^^^^ and the rockford tweaker is talking bout is the older model those usually go for 120-180 on ebay not 500 dollars LOL forget this thread we know the answer anleady audiobahn sucks period no way around it.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 61
I'm going to have to say from personal experience audiobahn sucks. But I'm also going to say that they do work and probably not their rated power but close. A decent budget amp for people who want to have subs without breaking the bank. Exactly what Derek Moore said.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 469
Jesse, we are an Audiobahn dealer but havent been stocking thier equipment any longer due to the high rate of failure.
As for my attitude, before you make a snap judgemnet about me I would ask you to please re-read my first post in this thread, notice I wasn't being sarcastic, but only being helpful. And when Tweaker asked a question I did my best to answer him. I didn't act "confrontational" until I was called "dumb" and was challenged to put up a birthsheet as if I had no idea what I was talking about.
Look man, I have but one goal in mind for this thread, to let these guys know that this line of amplifiers have a high failure rate and thier actual output is lower than the advertised 800.

If you dont like my atitude i'm sorry I came off that way.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2952
"I don't have the birthsheet. I've tested the amp and depending on your
ohm configuration, you can get anywhere from 400w - 750w.
Don't expect a miracle from this amp. After all, it's a very low
priced product, good value for your money.
Lot of people hate the brand cause of rumors, but from my testing, it
survived lot of harsh winter weather, including frost at -32 degrees."

thats what issac told me last night. i would beleive him more.

and we are not talking about how this is a great amp, its an ok amp and nothing more than a good budget amp. thats all this is about.

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 98
Zac I respect the fact that you responded back to me like a man. To be honest I did'nt see where dude called you "dumb", til right now. I'll own up to that.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1584
fak off zac davis, the owner of my shop that made the tests had teh right equipment allong with the amperes meterer big machine those fakin machins are so great and fakin expensive around 2k each one, he also have the termal lab to test customers subwoofers, he also its the responsible for makin db drag racing here in chicago so shut the fakk up

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 471
Issac's estimate of 400 to 750 isn't that far off. It is a reasonable estimate, but my point to you bassman3 is that is still nothing more than an estimate. We'll leave the reliability factor aside fo the moment.

You say you would believe him more, thats fine, but why?

Has he told you how he tested the amp?

Did he actually test it or just compare it to other amps?

Did he use a multimeter and or clamp meter?

Did he use an oscilloscope?

What was his method in testing?

I can tell you how most of us competitors test amplifiers and even then we are unable to test for distortion levels without an oscilloscope.

You can test an amnplifier by using a clamp meter and volt meter. Do a simple search it will save me the time explaining, after you learn how to test an amp ask Issac his methods and determain for yourself wether or not he accuratly tested the amp.

Until then believe who you want....

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
my bad zac i didnt think this was gonna get out of hand over audiobahn. some people..... well issac said him self anywere from 400-to 700 so it does not put out 810 rms LOL it still eh alright amp. but julio you were wrong saying the audiobahn was better than rockford LOL that made me rofl HAHAHA

im still going for the rockford fosgate 800a2 at a lower price that the audiobahn and MUCH better.

The only way is for two different people to post the results here like a pic or something i still wouldnt buy it though. only people who buy audiobahn are the kids who have no money and they pair em up with like cvr's or assasins havent seen any audiobahn with REAL equipment.....

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 551
...and lilrob, come on man, clean up the language.

Before you tell me to fak off again, I'd like to offer you an invitation to stop by my place.
156 Roosevelt ave
Beloit, Wi, 53511
608-365-3500
We're right off I-90, only an hour and a half from you.
If you'd like I can show you the way we test amplifiers and how we test with the term lab.
Not saying your store doesnt know what thier doing but I can show you how myself and thousands of other USACi and DB Draggers test amplifiers.

Stop by or call anytime if you need anything.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8781
reminds me of that other audiobahn thread about a yr ago -lol

"""But a guy on this forum , I forgot his name, suggested me to install pioneer subs, 400 wrms each and a AB amp which was something like 8000T. """

that ^^ could possibly be me -lol . Well if ppl keep asking me over/over/over 4 12" sub/s that get very loud 4 little $ then what else could i possibly suggest . @ around $50 each is there any other new 12" sub that puts out that power/$ & stills sounds good enough & still quite durable !? - i cant find that many out there & besides i have experience & heard MANY of these so that y i rec them .
As 4 that a/bahn amp - when some says whats the cheapest i can get even cheaper than a $175/200 hifonics amp - then what else is there !? , hope this clears it up .......

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4327
if oyu can do math....you can figure out tha the abahn amp isn't equipped with enough fuses to do 800wRMS.

at 14.4V the amp wil put out 864wRMS....and that is at 100% efficiency!!!!!!!!

being that it is a class ab amp....you owuld take that figure and divide by roughly 1.3-1.4 to account for efficiency....it comes out to....664-617wRMS <---and that is at 14.4V!!!!!:-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
Looks like somebody's been doin thier homework :-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5615
Okay, what's with all this insults? We're all here to share experiences and knowledge.
First off, it's never good to "assume" that a person has no equipment to test an amp. Zac, FYI, you're not the only one with equipments. Just so you will stop "assuming" things, I have DMM, scope, 200A and 25A power supplies, digital current monitor, and everything else that involves electronics.
Zac, you "seem" to dislike Audiobahn amps a lot. That is fine, but no need to fight over it. Just state the facts/opinions and then move on.
I've tested the audiobahn amps as well, and so far, the intake is still holding, the DUB series amp and HCT both performed well. The biggest bargain of them is the Intake series. For $135, you won't find too many amps in that class.
Before anyone else "assumes" anymore, go to bcae1.com and read.
Just cause an amp has 60A fuse, it doesn't mean 12.5v x 60A = 750w max.
You have to consider that a fuse blows out slowly and before it dies, it will handle much more current.
Classic example of this is, PPI's Art series amp. Take a look at the fuse size. For those that go only by the numbers, will swear that the amp will never put out it's rated power.
Zac, I have a question for you, what are you expecting from a $135 amp? A Zapco quality performance?
Just curious, what alternative would you recommend to replace a $135 amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4341
just to make a statement....i could care less what the A-bahn amp puts out, b/c i will never own one.

and i would rather have an amp that is overly equipped with fuses, than one who is slowy burning them up. lol

i see amps and for the most part, they have at least as many fuses/watts or power. that makes me happy to see. lololol

i am no electrical engineer by FAR, i will leave that up to you guys. but GW's generalized formulas will give you a pretty good idea i think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4342
and it seems to me, and this is a VERY generalized statement. not meant to offend anybody or point any fingers, just an observation.

but, the only people i see on forums defending shitty/underpar equipment, are the ones who own it.

^^^that was not meant to argue with anybody, i was just saying what i have seen.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5617
"the only people i see on forums defending shitty/underpar equipment, are the ones who own it."

That is not always true. The main point of expressing facts/opinions is to share knowledge. Too many people use the power formula and "assume" so and so CAN NOT produce the rated power. What they're forgetting is that the fuses on the AMPS, do not blow instantly and will carry lot more current than the number posted on the fuse.
Anyways, it doesn't take much brains/knowledge to recommend Zapco/JL/Arc etc. Anyone can do that with their eyes closed.
The real benefit of audio forums is that, since money doesn't grow on trees, not everyone can afford Zapcos and JLs.
For $135, Audiobahn's Intake is a good value for the money. If you care to disagree, then that's fine. Go find and test an alternative.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4663
it is a decent budget amp isaac. i couldn't agree with you more. (even though i think all audiobahns are POS's but for that price you really can't get anything better). but don't you think people on this site will want something better fast. they will end up selling this amp to get something better. if that is the case then it would be a waste of money.

why not just recommend something that people won't get tired of. i always believed that its always best to save up a little more to get something that is better so you won't want to change it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5618
Of course that's the best thing to do, but there are a lot of "teens" on here that can only afford $130 - $150.
I personally have PPI Art series and Zapco products.

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
actually there is better amps for 130-170 theres rockfords and theres mtx i just saw someone buy a mtx 942 for 150 that someone on this FORUM BOUGHT. if you look artound you can buy beter equipment than that pos. the whole point of this was that it does not put out 800rms till dont believe it......

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4669
TWEAKER!!!!!!!!!

wassup long time no see.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1095
no need to say that only teens can afford 130-150 the real reason its used is cuz its cheap..n u let sum things out the window to get things so cheap....... right so they will deal with the heat.....thats y u dont put them under the seats duh.....n leave them well ventalated..... but im not bout to pay 300 for a small amp like that from some other company

still 130$ for 600 rms @ 14.4 i thinks thats good....

im bout to buy 1 soon actually

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
nothing much chad just chillin here arguing bout the pos audioburn lol and i started all this by asking zac a question:-( it was worth it though LOL

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4671
DON'T DO IT KILLERZRACING. DON'T BUY THAT AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4672
you should pay dollar a watt. so that means if you want something that is 600watts it should cost 600 dollars. lol. jk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
look around youll find a better amp than that audioburn theres auctions that go with no reserve and end cheap. or buy one of those POS jl's like chad has they are so sucky i wouldnt buy it like he did lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4675
FU tweaker. hahahahaha

ima change my amps now cause you said that. i am very insecure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5620
Tweeker, you mentioned MTX amp for $150. Was that brand new or used? I paid around $140 for a NEW amp.
I'm not into low ends, but list some RF and MTX models that's around $140.
All I hear is, "so and so doesn't put out." Just how are you testing it? I'm curious.

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
my bad i apologize chad but yeah get rid of them and get them audioburn amps LOL you know you love the crome:-d

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4676
i've never tested amps nor do i know how. but i have seen kicker kx600.1 outperform a audiobahn a8000t. this guy had the audiobah first then he changed it to the kicker. the kicker performed alot better. the audiobahn is suppose to be 200wrms more than the kicker but the kicker still got louder and pounded with more authority.

the sub is a single type X 12. only the amps were swapped. the sub was left untouched so you can't say its the install.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
LOL isaac im done with this thread my question to zac was if it puts out the rms then everyone started b!tchin but i decided to go witht the fosgate 800a2 which is underratted getting it locally for 150 used though but ill bet it last longer than the audiobahn even though its used..... im about to leave so ill post some links of other amps later on tonight...

Silver Member

Post Number: 561
Hi Isacc. To answer your question that asked for a reason it I didnt think it is a bargain at $130 is because of the extremely high rate of failure.
As for the equipment you own, when you tested the amplfier, did you actually use the oscilloscope and if so at what point did this amp square. Also did you use a reactive load or fixed? I've tested this amp myself and the she wasn't doing anywhere near the 800RMS.
Just curious the method you wnet about when testing this amp. Also, how did you set your mm?
What did the clamp meter read? I'm not asking these questions because I think you don't know how to properly test, however I am asking only to make sure we're on the same page.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 476
For 130 bucks I expect to have a product that will last. I would take reliability over a few extra watts any day.

Isaac, you mentioned the amp can put out more current tha its fuse rating, this is very misleading, although this is true this power has nothing to do with RMS ratings and if this happens it will be for only a very short period, for say a burp then the fuse will pop.
These guys in here are looking for amps that will play for an hour or two full blast while driving around. Idon't have any confidence in these amps after having to send back a couple dozen of them.

I say the AB is a bad buy, you like it and say it a good buy. We can agree on that, :-) thanks for the input, maybe we should retire this thread lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5622
Okay, to compare apples to apples. Here's the steps required for testing the amp's output power.
Scope, DMM, high power resistors, signal generator/test tones on a CD, 12v regulated PS.
Connect the PS and resistor to the amp, send sine wave and monitor on the scope. Set the gain/level on the amp to match the signal generator's output.
Make sure all xover and boosters are off.
Now increase the signal till the amp's wave starts to distort, then reduce it till it's clean. Measure the voltage reading. Measure the resistor and record the resistance.
Using the Ohm's law, calculate the rms power.

Zac, I'm sure you're aware that a 60A fuse will not blow just cause you fed 65A. If my memory is correct, it should handle up to 25% more load than what's printed on the label.
PPI Art series amp comes with 40A fuse, but it's rated for 600w rms.
Zapco also has a 1000w rms amp with 75A - 80A fuse.
Zac for $130, I don't expect it to last forever, but the ones I tested, after 2 years of heavy use, it's still ticking away. This is why I said it was a "good" value for the money.
One more thing, the HCT model did fail on me once, but that was caused by lot of "dirty" signal from the HU.
This thread has gone way too long for a low priced amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 567
Agreed, this thread has run it's course.
One thing though, remember when your testing amplifiers with a fixed resistive load your readings will be different from a real world application where the amp will be connected to a reactive load. The readings will end up being high.

I will also agree, if it lasts, it is well worth the money, but then again for the consumer who has one fail, it was a waste of money.

lol, thanks for the good convo, ttyl in another thread.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
OH MY GOD!!

There are a lot of replies but still no conclusion!!

SO which amp puts out its rated power or very close to it??

is there any amp having a power of 950 wrms??

Username: Audioandguy

Newport, N.C. USA

Post Number: 1
If you guys need more of a conclusion than what zak has said then u need to go get a new education no offense ment! im new here to this but i have the amp in question, in my car right now and it downright sux. i am running a audiobahn aw1500n whihc for those who dont know is a 15" dvc 4 ohm wired paraalel for a two ohm load on my amp both rated at 800 watts rms 400 pervoice coil. and it cuts off alot. why waste the money im selling mine to get a new rockford or something of similar quality. and yeah im 17 and i dont know everything but i see what i say and say what i see. that simple. i love audio equipment wiring cars its all the things i like so dont asume bc of my age i dont have a clue! and thank u zak for your honest and experienced based PROFESSIONAL opinion! i look foward to further topics. the amp is not even good for the money i want performance not failure idont care what the price tag is! dont settle for less jus save a lil more and buy the real stuff!

Bronze Member
Username: Toomuchsound

Staten island, N.y. Usa

Post Number: 49
go with the rf t1001bd
i had 2 of em and traded for the t3001bd
very very good amps

Newport, N.C. USA

Post Number: 2
anyone know anything about the infinity reference 1211a amplifier? oh and one more thing about these POS audiobahn amps everyone needs to realize that the rating for that amp are @ 14+ volts. which most car electrical systems DO NOT supply that voltage closer to 12 and low 13. and i know this bc i have a capacitor with a voltage display of what is going to it! anyway any takers on the infinity?

Newport, N.C. USA

Post Number: 3
all right some ppl were looking for amps similar in price and power as the audiobahn i have found one its the Visonik V318XT and it pushes 800 watts @2 ohms(i dont know that to be true) and price is under 150$ at woofersetc.com! and it makes 400 @4 ohms. and im sure if i kept looking there are aplenty of better "budget" amps out there of much better quality than the audiobahn. im 17 i dont currently work i know all about "budget" im no rich boy who gets things from his mom and dad i work my tale off to get it and when i earn 150 bucks and buy an amp it better dam sure do what it says it will! thats my stand.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 134
Keith, just curious which a-bahn amp do you have?

Newport, N.C. USA

Post Number: 4
A8000T. mono, 2 ohm stable etc.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1853
well bro i'd pick a-bahn if i don't have money and need 800w rms, rockford is expensive so... WTH if i need 800w rms and don't have the money, plus it has cooling fans, for 130$ is a great deal...

Zac you can't ditch abahn for being cheap...

Newport, N.C. USA

Post Number: 5
yeah man i hear ya i have the amp though and its not even worth my 151$ hard earned dollars bc i cant even enjoy it. theres not way in heck thats thing puts out 800 watts rms bc its not loud at all. i know of rockford ounch series that hit way harder and we are talkin a big a.. 15" and well i dont doubt it may be able to produce that power at 14.4 volts but my cars electrical system doesnt supply that much. so im looking into selling this amp and maybe even the sub to get something that hits really hard but isnt so cheap. you get what u pay for. im more of an adio enthusiast than that to except the weak performance im getting when the amp doesnt cut off. yeah the cooling fan is a bonus but well like i said u get what u pay for. i want kick a.. bass. and i have found a kenwood amp for 188$ that does 850 watts rms at two ohms and i know kenwoods are built to last and are sick! the local audio shop sells them like hotcakes at ihop. i thought it would be cool to have some"bling which audiobahn hass. but i want sound i could care less now what it looks like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us