Upload
so i can still get to my spare tire
Upload
ED NINe.1s

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1173
Nice and clean! I love how your carpet on the box matches your interior.

MMmm... it's sexy! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Greensburgh, PA US

Post Number: 116
Very tight indeed! Very well planned enclosure design. Is everything your handy work?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1479
yea looks super nice.....i like the enclosure as well..u do it ur self????

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3862
Looks great, and nice head unit. I have the same Memphis 1/0 gauge wire on my HO alt, I was going to use Knuconceptz, but I had to get my stock alt returned immediately, so I had not choice but to buy whatever the local car audio shop had, and it was memphis. I paid $5 a foot, kind of a ripoff but I love the orange color as opposed to all of the blue power wiring I'm starting to see. I never put a plastic grommet over it, and it looks much nicer when there is one-as you've done.

Most importantly, however, how does it sound? :-)

And what about pics of the fronts? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1344
me and two of the guys from CC audio put the box together. ive never built a box anywhere close to this size and since my friends work at an audio store i thought it would be best for them to help me.

Jexx it sounds good, very loud and still maintains good SQ, but not the best. its tuned to 35hz and is just over 11cuft after all displacement (close to 14cuft before). 126sq inches of port, it moves alot of air.

i dont have the front speakers in yet. i get them on my birthday which is august 10th. kinda skeet because its not really a suprise, after all i ordered them. oh well i can wait a few days.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3863
Very nice, you'll have to get some pics once you get your fronts installed haha :-)

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 891
money?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1345
will do jexx.

troy, i didnt pay much at all. i got the amp kit, and everything installed for a little under 400. so im willing to say i paid close to 100 for almost 2 days of labor. the carpet and vinyl are both color matched as close as we could get to the interior. the top, back, and front walls are all double baffle, so we used a ton of wood. theres 1/4inch plexi with the CC audio and ED logos and we painted behind that to match the car as well.

doing it all myself would have taken forever and probably would have cost close to the same amount because i would have messed something up.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4641
damn jake that is awesome. that port is huge man. damn hair trick. lol. you've been holding out on us for the past few weeks haven't you? lol. great install. i bet it sounds as good as it looks.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1562
hey jake where did u get your carpet and vinyl??? im planning to do a set up like that but i havent found a good store for carpet and vinyl

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1346
chad, yeah ive been holding out haha. it sounds pretty good, i wish i would have tuned a little lower but oh well.

lilrob, the audio place got it for me, im not sure where they got it however. the vinyl was pretty expensive though, just so you know.

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1252
That box is sweet, i hope i one day become that good....btw, did you happen to see how they got the cc audio logo in there?

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 45
Thats a badass setup. How hard is it to apply vinyl to a box?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1347
ATF, its a vinyl decal that they put under the plexi, same with the ED on the other side. they made the CCaudio one with the same colors as the ED to make it look clean.

grant, i found that trying to bend the vinyl as one piece is very hard because it starts to crack and shows where the lines are. so we did 2 seperate pieces of vinyl. it might not look as clean but its easier and you dont have to worry about it ripping or tearing.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1563
wats the total of the box????$$$$$$$$$$$ and installation???$$$$$$$$$4

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1348
$380 something but thats with a $140 wiring kit.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1564
they made u the box with custom installation for 380??? damn thats cheap did u buy your equipment there????

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1349
the only reason it was so low is because im friends with the guys and i did it with them. we pretty much just used there shop because they have all the tools and such.

no i got my stuff direct from ED.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1566
well right now i just moved so i dont have no place to build a box and a box like that will take patience so if u can hook me up we can make a deal and u will make alil money too

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1476
Tight Tight Tight Jake :-) i like da colors of ur box they look tight and ur box looks really clean lol. Since were on tha subject does ne1 know how i could find out how to tune a wide square vent like his and others?? Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4275
that looks REALLY good jake.

you did great work.:-)

now you get to enjoy it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8762
Nice job there Jake ! ....Upload

what impresses me the most is how u took the time 2 color match everything so that it looks like ur set came as a stock option

U need 2 create this thread in the bragging section so it will remain there permanently........

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1350
thanks TJ, muddy, and rovin.

tj, you use the same math on tuning any kind of square port. size doesnt matter.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1354
this weekend im making a port adapter to tune the box down to 27hz. its going to work as a shelf almost, where i can just slide it in and also take it out when needed. its going to change the port from 35hz and 126sq inches of port to 27hz and 66.6sq inches of port. im trying to think of a way to make it air tight so i might try some kind of rubber, im not sure yet. any ideas are welcomed.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1356
ill try and draw up a few pics of what im talking about. if you want to help my AIM screen name is jakeyplaysbass26. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Genocyde21

Post Number: 77
What kind of car is that? It looks like a ford. Also, when u getting those things measured? I bet u will hit the 150dbs...

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1359
03 mountaineer. i had it metered the 1st day i got it and hit 153.8dB. its probably closer to 155 now that i have everything set right.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 546
damn thats awesome looking

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1360
thanks mat.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2148
VERY NICE, deffiantely top 5 best installs i've seen, hows the sq from those ED subs.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1361
its not the best, but good enough for most sql systems. i would say there 65spl/35sq.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us