Bass cutting out

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 259
ok i have 2 12" l7s and the amp i have for now is the zx1000.1. i turn the bass knob not even halfway and the bass always cuts out.? why is it doing this. I only have 2 guesses the one guess is do speaker wires have to do with it cuz im using flimsy speaker wires right now to hook to the terminals. and the other thing i can think of is maybe cuz the subs is 1500 and the amp is 1000 do u think the amp cant handle the power and thats why it cuts out? any ideas please help

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 214
that amp is accually putting out like 1200 rms so i doubt its that....what ohms are ur subs wired at???

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 261
2 ohms its wired at. i got 2 dual 2 ohm kicker l7's and put them in a ported box together which running them together would make it 2 ohm stable. does speaker wire for the terminals have anything to do with it even if its really think i think my speaker wire im runnin to the terminals is like 18 guage wire

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 333
what gauge is your hot wire and ground? they should be 4 gauge

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 264
i think my red battery wire is like 8-10 guage and the ground wire is also 8-10 guage. but it would never cut out when i had 1 15" l7 which is 1000 rms. but the subs i got now is 1500 rms so i guess thats a problem. Does i really matter what gauges the amp kit is.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 26
Check your ground connection and make sure its snug.

What kind of vehicle is it?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 268
ok so some ppl saying i should get a 4 guage amp kit. what if i would go with a 2 guage amp kit would that be to think for the amp or will it work ok. Or should i just stick and go for the 4 guage kit.

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 82
you can get the 2 gauge. its not a problem when you get a wire that is bigger than you need. it is a problem if the wire is smaller than you need.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1216
4awg should work fine, but 2 would be better.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 336
yea either 4 gauge or 2 gauge would be better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us