First sub box

Bronze Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 55
OK this is going to be the first box that I have ever built and I am wondering what you guys think of this plan. It is going to be for a 12" Arsenal. Is it big enough and how do u think it will sound. Also does where I put the sub matter??Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4592
ok i can't see the pic.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4593
nvm i see it. looks like a killer spl box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
will it sound good for everyday driving too?? and I plan on putting the sub on the blue part but does it matter where on there??

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4594
isn't the arsenal a sq sub? if it is you should go with a smaller port area. it will sound better.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8736
persoanlly i dont like a 35hz tuning coz i like more SQ in my loud -lol

i'd say tune either 32/33hz - ur music will sound alot more accurate & pleasant .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
really...I really dont know much at all about building boxs so I just went on a site that calculates it depending on what u want it tuned to and on the AA site it said 35 hz so This is what i came up with...any help on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. Im not really sure what you meant by smaller port area

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8738
when u tune it lower u will automatically get a smaller port area ......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
ohhh ic....so even tho the AA site says 35 I should go to like 32?? I am just trying to get something that is going to be loud but I also dont want it to sound bad becuase I will ride in the car everyday. another thing is that i mainly listen to rap if that has anything to do with it at all.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8741
32hz is really my personal fav tuning so im not saying that u have to - it gives a nice mix of sound quality & loudness with good accuracy

35 is more on the SPL side of things

never used a arsenal b4 but seeing that its Fs is = 27hz , 32 should be fine IMO ........

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8743
damn post wont bump ......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
alright....Thanks. I am just kinda nervous about it cause it is the first box and the first quality system I am putting together and I just want to make sure I am doing everythign right. because the subs I have now are in a horrible box and sound like hell.

Silver Member
Username: Sx3

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 245
Hey guys whats that website that gives you dimentions and a picture that looks very much like whats in the first post?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 177
I have 2 10'' arsenals instead of 12'', but im going for everyday listening moreso, so my original thought was to put it in a sealed box tuned to 35, but since the sub is more SQ, should i go for a 32 tuned port....will that be still good for everyday listening(I listen to a lot of fast rock that has lots of quick double bass pedal)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
heres the site ur looking for http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=34&Eh=17&Dia=6&Xmax=20.5&V d=.12&NumW=1&Vb=2.3&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
mike....sealed boxes arent tuned only ported.

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 178
my bad i wrote that wrong, i meant to say that my origional thought was to put it in a sealed box, or a ported box tuned to 35.... typo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us