Blown? scratching sound...

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 255
today i turned my subs up fairly loud and all of a sudden i heard one of them start sounding different so i turned off my car then pushed on the sub and it made a scratchy sound and on the other sub i pushed on it made no noise, i have a jvc cd player kinda budget but its ok, a hifonics bx 2005d and 2 pbx 15's dvc 1 ohm 1000wrms 2000wrms I know my amp only puts out around %90 of its rated power, so I dont know how I would of blown them I had the gain all the way down and the cd player bass all the way down I felt the subs they were not warm and the amp was still room temperature so I dont know!! please help!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
bump..

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4173
try it again.

turn them up and let them play for a while at med. volume.

then check to see if the VC is still rubbin.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2104
ya thats not good, the "scratching" sound is the vc rubbing, do you have an HO alt, if not the amp probally clipped the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Tiggerboi87

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 150
what is clipping?

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
that is what i thought, because i dont have a ho alt ,but why is the other still working fine would'nt it clip them both?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2106
to be honest i have no clue why only one of the subs has a problem i would of figured both of them would messed up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
so no one knows? i put carpet on the box yesterday and some of the carpet fell in the ports just like little balls of it.... maybe it was sucked in the sub??

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 260
That could be the the reason, if the carpet particles got stucked in the VC. Remove that ASAP, that could damage ur vc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us