Got my 10" RE se in the T-CAB box metered

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 300
went to the local shop today and got my se metered, popped in grillz by nelly, 141.6db! then while i was playing some test tones i opened the door and the meter jump up to 146.6db! its not a termlab unfortunatly but i think its pretty close. they metered the pt cruiser they have with 6-15w3's and 1800 watts and that did 165db. the guy was so suprised that i pulled that with one 10" we walked back into the shop and said to this other guy, this dude just hit 141.6db with one 10" in his truck!! i felt so proud

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1209
nice to hear man. How much was your box?

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 301
$200 shipped, sounds like alot but it was worth it!

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1210
What frequency was it played at when it hit that high?

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 302
i was playin that grillz song wen it hit 141.6db but id say around 40-45 hz is wen we opend the door and the meter jumped up to 146>i wouldnt call this a ligit number cause we opend the door to turn it off so it wasnt at 146 long, i just glanced over and saw the numbers go up

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 285
hey adam....did you have the windows down when you hit the 141.6, if not, that's probably why it jumped up to 146 when you opened the doors. My little system hits around 127 with everything closed up, but bumps up to 131 with the windows down. I don't really understand why, it has something to do with "standing waves".

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4162

quote:

they metered the pt cruiser they have with 6-15w3's and 1800 watts and that did 165db

i am having a REALLY hard time taking that one in. 165db's with only 1800 watts. sign me up for the SPL system of the world. lol

i am gonna have to call BS on that one.
but like you said....it wasn't the TL soooo

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 303
michael-ya my windows were up

muddy- i might have heard wrong but i know that thing is extremely loud, i heard it once ,i was standing outside of it and my hoody looked like it was blowing in the wind it was moving so much air. when they turned it down there was like three car alrms going off. the 15w3 is JL's main spl sub correct

Gold Member

Post Number: 4170
i could understand on 6 15's.

but only 1800 watts between all 6 of them? or for each one...then maybe.

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 172
hey adam... whered you buy your box?

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 304
andrew- www.thecaraudiobox.com

muddy- now that i think of it they had 6- pheonix gold amps powering them. at the time i saw the setup i barely knew anything about car audio, so i thought that the 15w3's where 300watts rms but im pretty sure they are 500. so what i did was multiply 6 amps times 300 watts and got 1800watts. i am now 100% sure they had them fully powered, so that would make 3000 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 4187
wayyy better^^^^ lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4560
thats a nice score playing music with a single 10". very impressive.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 287
How expensive are the T-CAB boxes?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4197
triple to quadruple to what it would cost you to make your own.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 339
one of my dd2500 10 hit like 142 with one 10 and 148.5 with 2 10's louder then the re's i can only imagine what the 3300's will produce...

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 602
i love this website. when i post on here telling people my numbers, that aren't as good as adams, they all say i'm lying through my teeth. but 1 10" se, which is a sq sub, hitting 146 playing music is considered believable, while a 15" arsenal powered by 1500w on a test tone and hitting 141 db is BS. lol

not saying that you didn't hit those numbers adam. tcab box, powered correctly, good sub, good vehicle, i could see it happening. i'm just wondering why no one believed my numbers.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 338
only 141 with an arsenal on 1500.. box must be tuned low? what hz was the test tone you played?

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
tuned to 27-28hz, played a 30hz test tone

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 305
michael, they are really expensive but its a quality box and it is warrenteed forever, wenever i want i can send it back and he will rebuild- recarpet it, i just have to pay shipping and materials. on the plus side too, now that i have one of his boxes i see how he designs/tunes his boxes, for if i wanted to build another ported box.

rob, i understand. like i said it wasnt metered on a termlab mic, and it was in a single cab truck sittin on the seat. i have to say though this se is LOUD, every time i get in my truck and turn it up it surprises me! its totally beleivable that you hit 141db with a 15" arsenal and 1500watts, im suprised thats all you hit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
i know! i only put it on here because everyone was really curious about the arsenal. i thought maybe that people would steer away from it because the numbers suck, but i put it on here and everyone called it BS. i just kind of laughed about it

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
i'm gonna a build a new box with a huge port tuned to like 38hz or so and see what i can do with that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 607
sorry for the triple post but i was wondering if adam has a picture of your box? i kinda remember one that had like a 6" port and made that sub look tiny, was that yours?

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 306
maybe, i have 2 4" ports heres some pics

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 307
bump dang you

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
that's it, i remember getting in a huge arguement on what that box was tuned to. people thought it was like 45hz but tcab said it was tuned to like 32hz. tcab ended up winning i think

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 309
i still dont think thats been settled but its loudest from 35-50hz then it drops off and any where below 30hz and you minaswell be playing it free air. thats the only down fall, but it still sounds great and is loud during all kinds of music

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 310
just got done driving around and i just heard the loudest song ever! ive never listened to that ciara/goodies song on my system before but man!!! that song just plain pounds, ive never felt such a pain in my ears. it was sorta like someone took matches, lit em, and put them in my ears! i wish i would have known i had this song before i got this setup metered, its louder than all the other songs ive played

Silver Member

Post Number: 618
which song is it on that CD

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 311
i dont have the cd, it was on my mp3 player

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1099
Adam, so thats the Re pic up there taht u just got metered ..in that box? (aero ported)

wasnt there pictures of ur box and that sub, like 8 months ago??? i remember u posting them, and people fought on the thread with dimensions of the box.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2136
rob i think the reason every1 doesn't beleive is that hitting that high of score at that low of hz is very hard to do, i would believe it if it was done around 35-40hz, use the same box and play a 45hz tone the number should jump up a lot probally around 145db area.

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 313
steven, ya thats the box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us