Need help on ohm for a 4ch amp

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 85
ok, I succesfully hooked up my rear 6x9's had noise, but i got rid of my noise some time ago. Then to complete the amp'd speaker set up, today I decided to amp my front stage. Hooked up another set of RCA's had that annoying noise of course, said screw that i didn't feel like buying another Ground loop isolator so i basically bridged the front and rear speakers. They are on my high preout, my question is since i'm using 2 channels out of four, do all the speakers get half the power? incase i didn't explain it fully....everything is wired correctly (seperate speakers) behind the HU, when hooking it up to the amp, i bridged the front left and front rear together. The amp is 2-8 ohm capable. At what ohm are they at now, and should i got through the trouble of getting another gli and trying to get rid of the noise again with each speaker on a different channel? Any disadvantages to what i did, or problems that may happen?....ok this is a little off topic, but to make sure what preout should my rear be on and my front be on? Not sure if i used the correct preout. Yes, i have sybs 2 12's. few that was long.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1604
if you wired two speakers, each in one channel, they should be running at 4 ohm each

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
oh, umm...i have the front left and rear right on ONE channel and the front right and rear right on ONE channel bridged + to + and - to -. is it ok to run all the speakers like this. I'm using all the rear channels.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2869
basically, if you have a 4-channel amp, runnin two 4 ohm speakers, you ut a speaker on each channel and you get 4 ohms each channel. when you bridge chanels it goes to 2 ohms i belive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
ok bassman3 that's what i thought i just wasn't sure if i could go down to two ohms more than once, all seems fine tested for about an hour (driving around) and all seems fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us