After market amp and subs installed, got some problems.

Username: Flyboyy

Post Number: 7
please goto this link and read my problem, I really dont want to type retype it, I am just posting the problem in a few forums and hope someone has an idea on what my problem is thanks for looking.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158584

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3752
Yeah, I also think it's a gain problem. Have you tried bridging the amp? The 150x2 is max power, isn't it?

Post Number: 8
I am not good with amps, the brand is a lightning bolt 150.2 thats all i know and it looks like 150x2 is max. how do you bridge an amp ? and how do i fix the gain's problem ?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3756
You connect (usually-consult the owner's manual first) the left channel positive wire as the positive speaker wire and the right channel negative wire as the negative speaker wire.

The gain or input sensitivity is a small knob on the amp that usually needs a small flathead screwdriver to turn (sometimes it's just a knob you can turn by hand). Try turning it up to see if you get more volume out of the speakers.

Post Number: 9
thank you, i will chech it out tonight and let you know.

Post Number: 10
I have solved the problem, after carefully examining the wiring, I realize that i forgot to ground the cable from the amp , I was really rushing last night because it was getting late and I did not have dinner :-( ,but my amp is pumping now , I came across another problem is all the bass is trapped in the trunk , i want to get the bass into the cabinet of my car, I have a bmw 2003 530i, and there is an armrest where there is option for ski's to go but my car does not have that option so the metal is not cut, I was wondering if anyone knows how i can get the bass from the trunk to the cabinet for greater sound.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8713
im not familiar wit how ur car is inside but ppl some 'port' the rear deck meaning cut out holes in it so that bass passes through ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us