Tuning an enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1441
When makin an enclosure with out usin tha subwoofer toolz calculator, if ur gonna use pvc do u put the internal volume excluding the net displacement of the sub or subs?? And how do u tune a box for 2 subs in the same chamber with pvc?? Thanx.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1442
My bad double post computer fu*k up, B U M P???

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1443
Plez bump??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4520
you tune a box for 2 subs in common chamber like you tune a box with one sub. its just with two subs you got more displacement.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1444
So does this sound right for 2 12s with like around 4cubes with a port 4" wide and like 4.5" long to tune to like around 32hz-33hz?? That port seemz kinda small for 2 subs. Thanx

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4531
you can have 2 ports. so you will need 2 4 inch ports that are 13.61 inches long each. you might have to use an elbow cause its kinda long. if you increase cuft of the box then the port can be shorter.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1445
kool hey chad my computer caught a virus and thats why i was gone for a couple of weeks cuz we needed to take it in to erase everything and then reinstall everything but i had all the box calculators from subwoofer tools to the12volt bookmarked but i need the one that tells you how big if ur gonna do more then 1 port i think its car stereo but not sure, could u give me a link?? Thanx man. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 358
is this what ur looking for
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1446
Hell ya thanx dawg. :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4532
lol it would of been easy for me to just give the link. i can be an idiot sometimes. only sometimes. its very rare though.

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 361
no problem tj

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1447
lol itz kool

Bronze Member
Username: Pctrailsrider00

Loveland, Co USA

Post Number: 12
www.the12volt.com tune your box to whatever hertz you want using the box calculator.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4537
if you want to get the length for flared ports then you can use this site. its very plain but useful.

http://psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/public_html/..%5Ccgi-bin%5Cport_length_calculator .cgi
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us