Orion 250-HCCA Question???

Silver Member
Username: Sx3

Illinois USA

Post Number: 194
Hi I have an Orion 250-HCCA amp (the pink looking one with +/- leads coming out of the amp with a socket for the speaker hook-up and remote wire). I have an Ascendant Audio 15" Avalanche (800 watts RMS) hooked up to it and whenever I turn it up to a certain point the speakers keep getting louder but the sub stays at the same volume. Is this just beacause the amp has run out of power? Is it beacause it is to old? Is there anything I can do to resolve the problem? Please help me out if you can.

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 196
This may be a stupid question but I was also wondering if there was any way I could run my Avalanche (dual 2ohm voice coil) at 0.5 ohm insted of the 1 ohm I am running it at now. Just another question I was interested in. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 842
if your sub doesnt seem to be getting louder its probably distorting, which is very bad, dont do that, and no sorry you cant run the VCs at .5, if you get another one you can

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 198
Its not distorting I know it can get louder beacause ive had other amps hooked up to it and it gets louder than it does with the Orion. Like I said it just stops getting louder at a certain point for some reason.

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 199
???

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1474
that's weird. I like your amp though

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 200
Yeah it is weird. I havent had it happen with any other amps I've tryed ether. One more question is there any way I can get a little more power out of it. Should I change the 8 guage leads to 4 guage?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1477
you can get more power if your electrical system is better, if you want, you can change your wires

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3725
Have you ever tried turning off all of your other speakers (via amp cancel or some other means) and then tried turning up the sub?

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 202
Yes I have that's how I found out for sure what was happening. I dont have any dimming lights or anything ether so I really have no idea what's going on.

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 203
One more question. There is a black wire comming out of the hole where the negetive lead is comming from. What is it? it is attached to the circut board next to where the two negetive wires for the speakers are attached. Please tell me is you have any idea what this is for.

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 204
???

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3737
Which one of these is the black wire coming from? http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Orion_HCCA250/outside2.jpg

Assuming that's the amp you have...

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 205
I have the older model with the power cable comming dirrectly out of the amp.Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1493
hahaha nice picture

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 207
any ideas where this wire is suppost to go? also is it ok if I put the ground on that metal strip insted of the screw which is right underneath the wire. It's alot easyer to do it this way.

Silver Member

Illinois USA

Post Number: 211
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us