Amp for eclipse Ti

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 188
I am thinking the kicker ZX750.1 unless you guys have a better idea?

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 314
how bouta zx1200 or even the 1500 those subs can take alot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
Arent kicker amps overrated anyway, and the sub isnt cheap so i dont want to take any chance of blowing it. So im looking for a really good amp between 700 and 800wrms at 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2074
kicker amps are underrated, the zx750.1 really puts out 800-850wrms, and the TI is rated 750wrms per vc, so its acutally 1500wrms total, so if it was me i'd get the zx1000.1 or zx1500.1.

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 316
audiobahn A8000T puts out around 800 watts at 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
That sub is not rated at 750 per coil, thats a myth. But anyway what i really want to know is if there is a better amp, not just a bigger kicker amp.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1155
That would be a great amp for the Ti Kenny. And yes you are right that is a myth about the Ti being rated per VC. I think I told you that didn't I? LOL.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1156
Umm... for some reason it didn't bump...

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1675
ED Nine.1. It would give you a little headroom too...

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Thanks Isaac, its nice to know there are still some people on this forum that know something. And yes you did mention to me that the Ti is 750rms not per coil but i already knew. Since you have these subs is there an amp that would be better than the kicker?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1159
Well kenny there is always going to be a better amp. But it is going to crush your wallet. The kicker would be a great amp for the Ti. It has good build quality and it will be underrated so it will give you plenty of power for your sub.

However if you are wiping your ass with hundred dollar bills, I can always come up with a better amp than that! lol

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1602
"Arent kicker amps overrated anyway"

no, they're underrated.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 443
i agree with tyler ... there isnt a better amp out there for 350 .. ive seen those amps bench at 1450-1500 watts with the right electrical ... that would sound amazing on a ti

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1162
Mike did you read the whole thread? Ti's cannot take that much power, they are rated for 750 wrms for a reason. Although I would not unfcomforatble giving them like 1000 wmrs, but that is the most and only if it was in a sealed enclosure.

The kicker will be giving more like 850 wrms anyway, which I think would be about the sweet spot.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1211
i'd also get a nine.1, it'll put out 900wrms @ 2ohm and be cheaper than the kicker.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 445
a ti cant? 750 each coil ... ive seen those take 2000 watts before ... what on earth are u talking about

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
lol, im not wiping my a** with 100s but i do have money to spend so i want everything to be right. I would be getting more than one sub but i really dont even have room for this one 15. Just for this sub to fit its going to have to be a pretty complicated custom sealed enclosure. Also does anyone know the mounting depth of this sub?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1163
OMG who have you seen give a Ti 2000 wrms? Thats a REALLY stupid thing to do. Ti's are really effiecient woofers and will easily reach full excursion with their rated power, 750 wrms. Why would you need to give it 2000?

On top of that Eclipse will tell you the exact same thing. I asked them if a Xtant x1001 would be ok to power it with and they said it would be a really bad idea. A x1001 is rated for 1000 wrms @ 1 ohm but is really underrated so more like 1200-1300 wrms, he said that is way to much. And he directly told me that they are NOT RATED PER VOICE COIL, as some people liek to say.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1164
Well Kenny if you want great quality and you have the skrilla for it, take this baby and don't look back...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=587

That would be just SICK for powering your Ti. But now you know that I wasn't kidding about money... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2091
theres a guy on here that has a rf x7 on his ti and it takes it like a champ.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
I take it that that amp is very underated? How much better is it than the kicker? Is it worth the almost $600 more. I could get it but it would just take me longer to get the rims, lowering springs, and the lambo doors then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
And what about the mounting depth Isaac? Its not even listed on their site.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1165
It's all up to you whether the extra money is worth it. I can definately tell you that Zapco is in a league of their own when it comes to amps.

Heres the thing... kicker makes great amps and they will work good for you. And you will be happy with it. If you buy the Zapco though you would never need to buy another amp again becuase it is just rediculously high quality. Plus if you buy it from a authorized dealer you would also get a warranty. And yes that amp is VERY underrated. With a Zapco amp it is sure to be underrated at least 30%. So that 665 wrms is creeping up closer to 900 wrms. But it could be underrated even less.

As for the mounting depth I am not quite sure. I would think though from the couple times I have had mine out of it's box, it is at least 8 inches. Not sure exactly though. It has a huge ass magnet, and weighs about 35 pounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us