Hifonics vs Soundstream

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 285
OK I narrowed it down to two amps.. Should I get the Hifonics XX Hercules or Soundstream PCA2000D? Both output 2000w RMS @ 1 ohm...

Suggestions?

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 286
Oh and by the way, this thread is for B and Chauncy...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8246
how much are u getting them for????...

BTW....y is thread for me and B?????

Username: Tank6585

Post Number: 10
I was going to make the same thread but might as well post in here insted of making 2. So soundstream any good?

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 288
I can get them both for around the same price. But I own a soundstream PCA2000D and it did put out 2000w RMS but I like how the Hifonics XX Hercules looks so does anyone know if it puts that out from personal expirience..

Bronze Member
Username: Tank6585

Post Number: 11
I know a few people with the hercules and they had it benched, it put out more watts then it was rated at. It even put out its rated watts at 12v... just wondering if the soundstream is the same.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 289
i tested mine at 12.5 volts... and it put out 2000w RMS @ 1.4 ohms on the multimeter.. I never pushed it harder but i think it could have put out more...it never even warmed up the amp was soo cool all the time...

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 143
so youre saying that the xx hercules put out over 2k watts?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1383
if you give it more than 12V yeah, try with 14 or 13.5V

Username: Stereoman

Post Number: 4
HERE IS SOME USEFUL INFO ON MANUFACTURES OF AMPLIFIERS NOWADAYS, THEY USE THE SAME BOARD BUILT OVERSEAS.
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Soundstream_XXX6500/
THEY DON'T HAVE A PICTURE OF THE PCA2000D BUTY THEY DO THE PCA100D
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Soundstream_Picasso_PCA1000D/
HERE IS THE HERCULES
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Hifonics_XX_Hercules/

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1172
stop spamming idiot. get off the forum, people like you are what's ruining thise site.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1173
stop spamming idiot. get off the forum, people like you are what's ruining this site.

Post Number: 5
ITS NOT SPAM ITS THE TRUTH, I'M NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING JUST EDUCATING THE UNEDUCATED, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST TWICE

Post Number: 6
Now I know why I don't go on these to give people advice. People are so on edge and offensive, why don't you just look at the pictures and believe what you see. I am not a salesman nor a fanatic, but if don't know what you are talking about then other people make choices based on other peoples opinions and you know what opinions are like? and everybody has one

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2819
but opinions are NOT listing the same site over and over. you need to prove that you are knowledgable. and know IN FACT what you are talking about

Username: Monk

Post Number: 1
please help!! I have a soundstream xta 880.2 hook up to 2 10" he2 sub. He2 sub at 2ohm @ 400rms each and amp output at 440 rms each channel @ 2ohm. Can i turn the output level and bass booster to the max? And well it fry my amp or my sub? Thank You!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1187
your subs dvc 2ohm? and i take it your amp is 440wrms each channel, as in a two channel amp? if so you can't do it. a 2ohm dvc can only be ran at 1 or 4 ohm loads. and you never want to have your bass or gain turned all the way up, you'll clip your subs to death.

Post Number: 2
Thank You for replying ctmike. My sub is dvc 4ohm. 800rms @ 4ohm @ 1 channel or At 2ohm @400rms x 2 channel. If I can not turn it all the way up, Can you tell me what level can i adjust the output level and bass booster level and still get loud bass? I like to hear loud bass. Thank You!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1188
set your gain to the preout volt of your hu, so if your hu is 2v, match your amp with that. bass boost, personally i don't use it, i prefer to leave it down all the way and use my hu for bass adjustments. but you can use it, just don't go crazy and max it out, try to stay under 1/4 way up is good. and for lpf try around 80-100 on that.

Post Number: 3
Thank You!! ctmike

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1520
i'd pick the soundstream any day
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help