Refurbished HU's

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 547
i'm looking at a refurbed Pioneer DEH-P860MP off of ebay. would it be a good buy for like 260 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8220
yep

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 549
what does refurbished mean and is there anything wrong or potentially wrong witht them

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2670
sometimes, but usually you can jus send them back an they fix them or jus send you a new one. it jus meas that they orig. had somethin wrong with them, and then they were sent to the company who fixed the HU. in some cases, they are too lazy jus to "fix" it so they jus give you a brand new HU :-)

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 504
I'm using a refurbished deck now, its working great...refurbs are usually alright but there is the rare one that craps out...just like new decks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3626
^Yep. Someone brought up a good point that all refurbs have to be fully tested before they go out whereas not all brand new units are fully tested because it's less likely that something is wrong with them.

I've only had one bad experience with a refurb. I bought an MTX sub refurb for $40 from ebay and when I got it, the voice coil scratched against the pole...and they weren't willing to replace it. But hey, for forty bucks, it's made a great testing sub for my high powered amps. I've had refurbed head units and they've worked great at an excellent price.

I'd go for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us