Wiring two amps into one sub?

Username: Pattyg

Post Number: 1
I searched and searched and found nothing.
I was planning on runing 2 1100W Crunch amps Bridged @ 4 ohm load. Powering 1 Alpine X-type 12" 3000W max
I was going to run 0 awg back to a distripuation block splitting into two 4 gauge into one 1.5 farad caps for each amp.
So my question is can I have each amp powering one voice coil?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1116
you can run two amps to one sub, but what are the specs of the amp. and don't post peak, that don't mean anything, post the rms. and why crunch amps? and do you already have an upgraded electrical system? and imo i wouldn't waste the money on caps., you don't really need them.

Post Number: 2
crunch amps idk because good deal, A/B class, and its basicly a hifonics, no electrical system accept for a optima red top. why no cap?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 266
caps just cause strain, they dont help. put the rms specs of the amp up and the rms of the sub and the voice coil configuration

Post Number: 3
1x 1100W Max @ 4 Ohms
2x 550W Max @ 2 Ohms
1x 500W RMS @ 4 Ohms
2x 250W RMS @ 2 Ohms On the Amp

500-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per coil) On the sub

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1118
you'd be underpowering the sub cause you're amps wont actually put out what it says. if going two amps get better ones. and what is the vc of the sub? if you have dvc 2ohm you can get a kicker 1200.1 and run it at 1ohm and be fine. you can get the kicker amp for only $350 at hifisoundconnection.com brand new.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 802
but if you want to hook it up that way make sure you have the amps exactly the same, the slightest fault WILL blow your sub

Post Number: 4
IF these amps aren't the best choice then what are some others for around 250-300. I will go ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2660
kicker kx1200.1 -- spend a few extra dollars (its worth it)
if not, the best one to power that sub with your price range would be hands down, the

MB Quart Raa1000 - does 1000 @ 1 ohm (means you need that DVC 2 ohm sub)

and goes for 270 shipped on ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us