Best Subs to go with?

Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1
Sup guys I'm new here so yea.. what up.I was wondering what you guys would reccomend... I'm most likely going to buy a XX Colossus from Hifonics after seeing what Team Toxic Bass did with one XX Colossus and 2 AA Avalanche 15's. But I don't know what subs I'm going to run and you guys seem to know quite a bit about all good subs around so price doesn't really matter as long as I stay under $1000 for 2 subs, I'm willing to install either 15's or 12's. So if you guys can give me any advice I would appreciate it.Thanks.
By the way if you haven't heard of them... check them out www.teamtoxicbass.com .

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 483
do you have the proper charging system for that amp?

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 230
how much does that amp put out you could look into atomic subs www.atomicloudspeakers.com the apx and apxx

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 94
Well what are you going for? A single Massive audio dmx 12 or 15 would pounds. but for that price you could also get 2 SI mag 12's or 15's that would hit in the mid 150's if you powered them correctly. Depends if you want pure SPL or a mix and a nice SQL setup.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 427
agreed showrides .. although i have avas and they pound .. but they are near impossible to find ... the Mags on that amp would hit serious numbers for sure with the propeer charging system

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 95
Yeah, I had AVA's back in the day when they were selling them dirt cheap. Very nice drivers, but I have used the Dmx and the SI mags since then, and they are just on another level. And there is a guy right now hitting in the mid 150's with 2 SI mag 12's with a stock electrical system. It was quite amazing to see.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4435
you can get a single treo ssx 18 and use it with that amp. with the right enclosure it will knock your sox off.

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 154
personally I would go with 2 15" memphis Mojos

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 155
and also u have to have proper enclosure too for all this setup to work...

Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 2
Well the supposed rating for the XX Colossus is 2 x 1600-Watts RMS @ 1-Ohm or
3.2-kiloWatts/1 x 3200-Watts RMS @ 2-Ohm with a supposed 6400 watt max. I'd like to stick with the vehicle's stock power system aside from a capacitor , which I would need about a 7 farad.Although I don't know if the stock alternator will stand up or even put out enough power I will be running 0 gauge power and grounds wires.I can always upgrade the charging system later because I'm tired of having no bump.I was just wondering if you guys could help me pick out subs seeing as to you guys most likely no what is better for the money than I do, like I said I'm willing to drop $1000 for either 2 12's or 2 15's(Preferably 15's)(Reason for 2 being I like symmetry) but whatever advice you can give is greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us