Newbie Needs Help..sorry long

Username: Ldiaz909

Upland, Ca

Post Number: 1
Hi I am looking into purchasing within the next week some Subs and an amp for my 06 Altima. I was looking into Kicker Cvx, I want either 3 12" or 2 15", but im not sure if i should get the 2ohm or 4 ohm speakers? I will be buying the amp according to the speakers i purchase.. Should I purchase a Monoblock amp or a 2 channel? I dont want to pay too much for the amp pref. under $500...any suggestions on a good amp to power these speakers..Thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 968
get a mono amp. i would go with the kicker zx1500.1. then you should get 1 12s dual voice coil 2 ohms.

you do know that you will need an electrical upgrade right?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 969
i meant to put 2 12s!!!!!

Username: Ldiaz909

Upland, Ca

Post Number: 2
meaning a larger alt.? is there any specific one?? im not too concerned about it if so I could get it done. i just want to be heard coming down the street lol.. what about adding a second battery?? what about hifonics amps??

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 977
it would help if you just got a larger alt. somewhere around 130amp alt would work fine. you will be heard coming down the street with the 2 12 cvxs. hifonics amps are ok, but they are normally overrated, and tehy arent as good as kicker. they are considerably cheaper though...

those 2 cvxs though will probably loosen up your side mirrors, and your rearview mirror, and they will shake a ton. thats what happened with my 03 alero and 2 12 cvrs. my mirrors side mirrors got really loose, and vibrate A TONN. same with the rearview mirror, even though its at its tightest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us